• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New equinox update incoming?

cobb05

With all the new videos coming out about the dues II, do you all suspect minelab will have something up their sleeves to boost performance on the nox? The deus is looking like a solid machine. I hope it is. Nothing better than companies competing and we all benefit from it.

If the Machine is running the best it can I don't get why people want Updates?
I see Post saying we haven't got any updates in months on machines but if the machine doesn't need a update do you want them to just make one anyways?

If the Machine is running the best it can I don't get why people want Updates?
I see Post saying we haven't got any updates in months on machines but if the machine doesn't need a update do you want them to just make one anyways?

Who said the machine was running the best it can? There’s lots of improvements that can always be made

With all the new videos coming out about the dues II, do you all suspect minelab will have something up their sleeves to boost performance on the nox? The deus is looking like a solid machine. I hope it is. Nothing better than companies competing and we all benefit from it.

It's possible.

If an update were coming, what do you think it would do?

I’d like to see the ID expanded,I think it’s possible to do with a update.

Unless that expanded ID comes with an improvement in the underlying MIQ tech, I don't see any benefit beyond the placebo effect.

It's possible.

If an update were coming, what do you think it would do?

Nothing, I don't think Minelab is concerned one bit. Multi freq tech is almost 4 years old. Nokta is late to the party and from what I've seen so far doesn't offer any thing over the Equinox except for a flashlight and a clock. Both a draw on battery IMO. XP looks like they have improved on multi-freq and thats great for those who will spend 1500 plus on a rig. But again I think Minelab is not very worried, Multi-freq is a cow they already milked and they are moving on and just watching others in the rear view mirror. And I want to add I am not a Minelab fan boy, its just the way I see things. Time will tell. Mark

Nothing, I don't think Minelab is concerned one bit. Multi freq tech is almost 4 years old. Nokta is late to the party and from what I've seen so far doesn't offer any thing over the Equinox except for a flashlight and a clock. Both a draw on battery IMO. XP looks like they have improved on multi-freq and thats great for those who will spend 1500 plus on a rig. But again I think Minelab is not very worried, Multi-freq is a cow they already milked and they are moving on and just watching others in the rear view mirror. And I want to add I am not a Minelab fan boy, its just the way I see things. Time will tell. Mark

And a lower price and most likely, better waterproofing.

I think your right about Minelab not over milking the cow. Lol,, you must of been on a farm Mark.. These other companies are definitely late to the date, but they could offer somthing the people want,at least a option of somthing similar to the nox but different features.. I know I don’t need a clock, last thing I want when I’m out hunting,might be a good feature for those who are hen pecked but not somthing I want.

And a lower price and most likely, better waterproofing.

OK I agree on that. Maybe missed on build quality and the waterproofing issue. But as far as value that remains to be seen in real time field hunting if it will hold up to the ability of the 800. Again time will tell.

I’d like to see the ID expanded,I think it’s possible to do with a update.

I don't see how that would be possible. I would think they would have to drastically change other parts of the software for it to work right. Maybe even hardware. You don't want more segments for the sake of more segments if the detector was not going to be better for it.

Heck why don't they just tack on a Ferrous-Conductive I.D. in the next update.

Within the design parameters of the detector there may not be anything but small tweaks here and there that could be done.

I don't see how that would be possible. I would think they would have to drastically change other parts of the software for it to work right. Maybe even hardware. You don't want more segments for the sake of more segments if the detector was not going to be better for it.

Within the design parameters of the detector there may not be anything but small tweaks here and there that could be done.

longbow my feelings exactly. With a compressed ID there would have to be too many changes. And the Legend offers a little more in the Id range but with what trade offs. In air tests the Equinox will separate Ihps 19-20 wheats 22-23 Mem 24-25 and clad dimes around 26-27. But the Legend seems to run them all pretty close together. In the video I saw. I know air tests don't mean much, but throw in real soil conditions and just how accurate is the Id going to be. The Deus ll on the other hand has a 0-99 and much better on Iding just what coin you may be digging. I'm just too cheap to spend 1600 on it. No I think I'll wait, the best is yet to come. Mark

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

How about they tackle the bent-nail-sounds-like-silver issue first and foremost.

No need for a clock/timer. Hell, if i need a flashlight i turn the backlight on high and turn it upside down so its shining in my hole...lol

How about they tackle the bent-nail-sounds-like-silver issue first and foremost.

No need for a clock/timer. Hell, if i need a flashlight i turn the backlight on high and turn it upside down so its shining in my hole...lol

The flashlight is primarily for when you're swinging the detector, not digging/searching a hole...at least that's my understanding.

Who said the machine was running the best it can? There’s lots of improvements that can always be made

"Lots of Improvements" you named one YOU want.
There is going to be trade offs if they tweak anything so if they change one setting here the next guy will be mad they tweaked it and messed up what he liked.
If they want to update something they could update the shaft most people agree on that and I think they would look into leaking but if they are not losing much money there I doubt they even look at that.
Minelab should be working on a updated CTX because Nokta could start slowly picking them off with Warranty's running out on the NOX.
And from the Videos on the DEUS II the CTX can't compete with that making the NOX Minelabs FLAGSHIP Detector now.
And if updates are so easy why haven't they gave the CTX more recovery speeds to pick from? I can't even remember the last time they had a update on the CTX.

Last edited:
If you look into Minelab's History they "MILK" their TECH for awhile but I do hope they have something in the works.
I will defend the clock on the LEGEND and CTX because I am not bringing my phone into the water and I hate wearing watches. So I use the CLOCK on the detectors to make sure the park rangers don't lock the gates on me when hunting parks that close at specific times. Other times I sneak out but need to get home for a work meeting and need to know the time. It isn't because everyone is "HEN PECKED". And other times I just want to know what time it is lol.
I know you will say I can just put a watch in my bag but I don't have to because I have a detector with a clock :)

Software.....seriously , lol. Those ML goofballs should pull their heads out , and put it back on the shoulders where it belongs. The list is long. But start with the damn coil ears 1st...

The flashlight is primarily for when you're swinging the detector, not digging/searching a hole...at least that's my understanding.

Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot use the flashlight for?

Last edited:
If you look into Minelab's History they "MILK" their TECH for awhile but I do hope they have something in the works.
I will defend the clock on the LEGEND and CTX because I am not bringing my phone into the water and I hate wearing watches. So I use the CLOCK on the detectors to make sure the park rangers don't lock the gates on me when hunting parks that close at specific times. Other times I sneak out but need to get home for a work meeting and need to know the time. It isn't because everyone is "HEN PECKED". And other times I just want to know what time it is lol.
I know you will say I can just put a watch in my bag but I don't have to because I have a detector with a clock :)

I think you have too many opinions about everyone else's opinions.lol

Back
Top Bottom