All New Metal Detector Releases Follow The Same Curve

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Just remember, that no new metal detector release will make others obsolete. It doesn't matter which company represents the latest and greatest. A newer release down the road will be designed to compete with the previous release. It will have better features, perhaps new technology and might cost less to compete. Just a little wisdom to plant some feet back on the ground. Don't dump your current detector(s) quite yet.

Attachments

• CachedImage.jpeg
    CachedImage.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 9,889
That's exactly the spin you expect to hear from a manufacturer who's products are behind the curve.

YUP!! ++
I own an AT MAX And My Nokta Impact and soon to have Nokta Legend and XP Deus II. AT Max hold zero candles to my Impact except for being waterproof. The new tech that is out is going to be game changing.

This is what flip phone manufacturers were saying when the iPhone came out…

YUP!! ++
I own an AT MAX And My Nokta Impact and soon to have Nokta Legend and XP Deus II. AT Max hold zero candles to my Impact except for being waterproof. The new tech that is out is going to be game changing.

I never said anything about the Tech. It looks like a great machine, especially compared to other top end metal detectors. By all means, purchase one. Hope you do well. If it raises the bar compared to the status quo, great! The other manufacturers will have to try and exceed and raise the new set bar. That's the natural cycle which stimulates technological advances. That was my point.

That's exactly the spin you expect to hear from a manufacturer who's products are behind the curve.

That is no spin. It's a plain simple fact of any curve. If you like the new teck, buy it. Please show everyone how good it is. It is however not going to replace everyone's metal detector. Can't happen. :)

Heard the same ole thing when the Simplex and the Apex were released on how they were game changers. Time will tell but previous detectors will never be made obsolete.

Steve

Heard the same ole thing when the Simplex and the Apex were released on how they were game changers. Time will tell but previous detectors will never be made obsolete.

Steve

That's correct. The market decides the success. People on metal detecting forums make up such a small percentage of overall users.

That chart is 100% accurate unless you talking whiskey,wine classic cars or art

Some posts on this thread kinda calling Garrett out for not reinventing the wheel...There are Garrett users on this forum who pull well over a hundred silver a year, and some over 200 a year... And they'll be posting soon end of the year tally. ...Wonder if the guys with the newer tech on this thread will have those same results to post?

Hey Woody every once in a while when the same couple of guys get a little too negative on Garrett i have to post some finds about a year ago i posted something like a thousand rings under the title of ATpro on salt water beach and since then a couple posts with apex finds, check them out it will make you smile

Hey Woody every once in a while when the same couple of guys get a little too negative on Garrett i have to post some finds about a year ago i posted something like a thousand rings under the title of ATpro on salt water beach and since then a couple posts with apex finds, check them out it will make you smile

Well those guys get upset because you didn't do what Calabash told you to do. And there's no way a Garrett could find anything.

True that ALMOST all new releases. Some machines fall flat and never make the initial climb. I won't name any names but I have used a couple of them.

Also the Nox has not started any decline yet. Nothing in the last 3 years has even touched the Nox or its sales. Deus 2 looks poised to do that. But it will likely be at least another year before it really gets mass adoption. 4+ years on top for the nox isn't too shabby!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Also wanted to say kudos to garret on the entry level machines. The ace series has ruled the market for a very long time. Bounty hunter the only competition even close. Their chart for ace series would look way more impressive than the one OP posted above.

Also wanted to say kudos to garret on the entry level machines. The ace series has ruled the market for a very long time. Bounty hunter the only competition even close. Their chart for ace series would look way more impressive than the one OP posted above.

So did the ATP for almost 10 years, being waterproof and all. Now the Nox will face decline after 3 years.

As the best silver detectors look how long the Etrac and CTX have been on top though.

I've yet to see the Deus II in a trashy park. What will it do there. I hope it's better in modern trash than the Deus is.

Back
Top Bottom