• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Permission help for newer forum members

jimther

Elite Member
Her’s a link to a video I posted in 2017 and discussion afterward.

Just thought it might be another useful way to think about one’s approach to seeking permission to detect. It’s not treasure hunting related, but a general video on persuasion in any situation. It’s not a video I created, but one I ran across that I found worthwhile.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=253424&highlight=Persuasion

Just curious

As of today, there have been 170 Views of this post, but I’m wondering how many have looked at the video in the link provided.

Jim, I watched it today. I had seen it before in some corporate training a few years back, but it was a great reminder and spot on. Say if I was going to ask permission to search your property and saw a USAF sticker on your car, I would wear my " Proud dad of a US Airman" T-shirt when knocking on your door. My son is a linguist in the Air Force, thanks for your service and thanks for posting the link! The question I always struggle with is the reciprocity. What can you give them that would make them agree to hunting their property?

Jim, I watched it today. I had seen it before in some corporate training a few years back, but it was a great reminder and spot on. Say if I was going to ask permission to search your property and saw a USAF sticker on your car, I would wear my " Proud dad of a US Airman" T-shirt when knocking on your door. My son is a linguist in the Air Force, thanks for your service and thanks for posting the link! The question I always struggle with is the reciprocity. What can you give them that would make them agree to hunting their property?

Thank you Target Digger !

Back
Top Bottom