If your considering a Simplex

You say return the detector to be checked out. First thing before you can do that you NEED a RMA number and address to send it to.

contact the manufacturer & get one

OR

scream and shout on a public forum

I am sure one of those methods work

contact the manufacturer & get one

OR

scream and shout on a public forum

I am sure one of those methods work

Odd you seem to have "overlooked" my questions, but I'm sure it was simply an oversite on your part, what being as knowledgeable as you are about things.

Let me help to direct you to them again.

Or you can continue to swing from that limb and fling a little more poo. Odd as well that you seem more upset about this thread, than I do for buying a noodle shaft.

I honestly wasn't going to waste my time in response to your post, but changed my mind.

Let me know when you actually go back and read the entire thread, because I'm tired of repeating previous statements to those too lazy to read. So I will ignore all the questions you've posted in your attempt to "speak to the manager. "

I'm also curious, does one need to get a "factory clearance" now to make statements about detectors, or is that just from N/M? What qualifies YOU to make the statement about N/M? Are YOU factory certified, or just live under the local bridge ?

Have you made the same statement to others here expressing complaints about their detectors? If not, why not? How do THEY have the qualifications to, but for some reason I don't?

Please inform all those complaining about their new Legends, that they don't have the qualifications to do so. That is unless you're simply trolling here.

What about those bragging on the "quality" of theirs? What makes THEM qualified to claim a detector is "built like a tank"? Have they ever actually "built a tank"? If not, how would they know what exactly that involved?

Please answer ALL these questions in detail, unless that is you just want to be yet another "Karen" who likes something I don't.

Especially this one. Please post your qualifications to make said statement, as well as citing the source of your claim.

A friend of mine just got a Simplex and his shaft is pretty wobbly but he doesn't seem to have any issues with it otherwise.

A friend of mine just got a Simplex and his shaft is pretty wobbly but he doesn't seem to have any issues with it otherwise.

Have him pull the lower shaft and look in the end (which inserts into the mid-shaft), there should be a plug in it which was their fix excessive tolerances between the shafts ID/OD.

If it's there, then he's dealing with flex, not wobble. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it will fix wobble, not flex. They're 2 separate issues.

Have him pull the lower shaft and look in the end (which inserts into the mid-shaft), there should be a plug in it which was their fix excessive tolerances between the shafts ID/OD.

If it's there, then he's dealing with flex, not wobble. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it will fix wobble, not flex. They're 2 separate issues.

He got it a couple of months ago and it already came with the plug and it came with an extra one too. It took him forever to figure out what the extra piece was. I read about the plug here on this forum and figured it out. I don't know if it was intentional for him to get an extra one. We'll see when mine shows up which should hopefully be today.

Wobbling your shaft is for youngsters. I don't find it as appealing now. I got my Simplex two years ago. My first season was a bumpy learning curve, with some highlights. This year I was nailing some good finds out of the gate, using the sp24 coil. I just ordered the sp35 coil to try in the water, for more coverage. I think that this machine is the deal of the decade and I am considering grabbing the new Legend. But I'll likely wait a year for any bugs to be ironed out. I had to buy a lower carbon fiber shaft, and a longer main shaft for the Simplex, as I'm tall. We'll see how the Legend is sorted on year two.

How does it actually perform compared to an AT Pro? I used to own a Garret AT Pro several years ago. I never considered it anything more than doing what it was supposed to do, but i never had a problem with it. Then i purchased a Equinox, i had that for 3 years and I preferred it over my AT Pro for a few reasons that aren't really relevant.

On paper, the Simplex reads like it has all the features and more of my old AT Pro. Thought it might be good for a bring anywhere detector i could just throw in the trunk so to speak. So many times i'll be out somewhere, see a street tore up or what not and wished i had a detector with!

How does it actually perform compared to an AT Pro? I used to own a Garret AT Pro several years ago. I never considered it anything more than doing what it was supposed to do, but i never had a problem with it. Then i purchased a Equinox, i had that for 3 years and I preferred it over my AT Pro for a few reasons that aren't really relevant.

On paper, the Simplex reads like it has all the features and more of my old AT Pro. Thought it might be good for a bring anywhere detector i could just throw in the trunk so to speak. So many times i'll be out somewhere, see a street tore up or what not and wished i had a detector with!

Simplex is not better than a at pro... Bells and whistles look great,but they don't get the job done.

What woodbutcher said.
Yes I have owned them both and still have the Simplex. I only sold my AT Pro because I needed the funds. I would love to have an AT Pro again.

It is every bit as good on small gold and the AT Pro, but that is where it ends. The Simplex is also lighter.

I was never a big fan of the AT PRO. I did own one for a while. I owned an AT Gold for many years and I actually miss it.

I also owned two different Simplex. I don't miss them. That is not to say they weren't good detectors. Absolutely fantastic detectors for the money and they are half of the AT Pro's new and even used price and definitely not half the detector. Some people including me don't like the Simplex tones. I didn't like the AT Pro tones either...... I ignored the Simplex floppy lower shaft by just using it with the smaller coil. I spent the $28 or so on the carbon fiber lower shaft to use with the 11" coil.

My biggest gripe with both detectors....AT Pro/Gold and Simplex is poor target IDs and lack of depth in moderate to high mineralization but that goes for any single frequency VLF where I live and hunt.

If I was looking for a waterproof, wireless audio, rugged, throw it in the back of the car for anytime use detector......and I lived in a place with mild soil or near a saltwater beach......Simplex is hard to beat for the price.

Now, in moderate to high mineralization....Simplex vs Equinox 600.....Nox 600 detects several dozen rings around the Simplex and the AT Pro and AT Gold, etc on any target that is deeper than 3" where I live. Would I dunk a 600 or dunk a Simplex for long periods of time. I would pick the Simplex for that task.

Back
Top Bottom