I guess I'm getting old...

Well I've now lost both! I'm living your worst nightmare thank you very much :laughing:

I tethered my pinpointer and that is working out just fine. I'm not going to tether my digger - that's just too many cords. Nice not to have headphone cords on the Nox (when on land anyway) so 1 tether is plenty. The air tag or Tile tag is not a bad idea but for a $40-50 digger I'm just going to try and work on my cognitive skills to not leave it somewhere again :laughing:

The pet ID tag bolt on dealio cost about $10 all said and done probably and that's alright. I put printed labels on my detector and sampson diggers, cover that in waterproof gorilla tape, who knows....cheap and maybe someone will return them if I leave them somewhere.

The pin pointer I lost at the beach, in a random area of dry sand most likely, is probably still there. I dunno. I'll never know exactly where it was at this point, and it has my phone number inside the battery compartment...same as the replacement one I'm using now.

You need to draw a line, "Am I getting STUPID and losing gear?" Simply put, check your gear out during a hunt. It will become simple second nature to know when something is missing. I went thru losing gear but is was some very good lessons. Just be aware! You can't tether everything.

I lost my Lesche.

I think I'm going to look for an alternative digger - maybe the Predator 85, though shipping is killer from them ($17).

I actually have the Predator 85 and love it. I ended up buying one for my father in law as well. The only thing I would swap it for the the Excalibur Shovels Merlin for travel.

You need to draw a line, "Am I getting STUPID and losing gear?" Simply put, check your gear out during a hunt. It will become simple second nature to know when something is missing. I went thru losing gear but is was some very good lessons. Just be aware! You can't tether everything.

Wait a minute… am I being called stupid :?: :laughing:

Almost 10 years of detecting and I swear I’ve found more stuff than I’ve lost :lol:

I hear ya. I’m pretty good about not losing stuff but poop happens.

Wait a minute… am I being called stupid :?: :laughing:

Almost 10 years of detecting and I swear I’ve found more stuff than I’ve lost :lol:

I hear ya. I’m pretty good about not losing stuff but poop happens.

To retell a story I posted way back in time, I was hunting with a buddy of mine in a park, we parked our vehicles in a specific spot, and he left his shovel leaning against the truck and drove away and lost it. Now, I went to hunt that same plac by myself later in time, parked my vehicle in the same spot he was parked that day he left his shovel, and I did the same exact thing! THAT was a $70 mistake. Losing a whole shovel! DOH!

I lost my Lesche.

Left it at the river (I think). I remember digging up some coins in one area of soft dirt, and then a few days later, went to go hunting and no digger in the pouch. Looked in all the cars, at home etc. Bummer. I lost a pinpointer a year or so ago and the new one is tethered it to my finds pouch. Can't see tethering a Lesche to the pouch.

Thankfully I had a new one as a spare, so I'm good there, but when I check amazon for a new Lesche they've gone up to $50 :wow: LGB??

I think I'm going to look for an alternative digger - maybe the Predator 85, though shipping is killer from them ($17).

Bugger. It was a couple years old and worn down but dang, I feel like a fool leaving it behind. I did go back to the river and looked but no go. Sucks.

Thats why I have attached tethers to every tool I use except for my Predator tools phoenix shovel and if i could figure out a way I would have a tether on it also seems as though the older I get the more I forget, all those tools are just to expensive to replace any more two predator hand diggers and two predator shovels have more or close to more in digging tools then the detectors LOL

Yeah? I left my CTX and shovel in a curb strip while talking with my buddy Anthony about where we should go next. Luckily we were driving separate and he saw me get in my car and drive away. He loaded it up and knowing I had my Explorer with me too, when we got to the next site he coyly asked “which machine are you going to use?” I instantly realized what happened and about crapped myself. And then was immediately relieved knowing that he would’ve taken it with him. I know I’ve thanked him before but hey Anthony!…thanks!:lol:

Packing up as it started to rain, I lost my Lesche, It was in a field where they were playing cricket. When I asked them if they had found it, they claimed that none of them spoke English even though I know one of them had found it. I won it and never did like it. I bought another Hori-Hori knife instead.

Packing up as it started to rain, I lost my Lesche, It was in a field where they were playing cricket. When I asked them if they had found it, they claimed that none of them spoke English even though I know one of them had found it. I won it and never did like it. I bought another Hori-Hori knife instead.

"I won it and never did like it."

The $70 shovel I lost was also one I never liked. It was a 36" Ground Shark. I can't imagine what the creator of the Ground Shark meant that shovel for. Its design in acute curvature maybe works for trenching, but as a metal detecting tool, it is lousy and over priced to begin with. I actually still own the shorter GS shovel. It is a big paper weight.

Point is, sometimes losing certain things doesn't hurt much.

Back
Top Bottom