Detector Suggestions

Job

I wonder if you good people might shoot some recommendations my way. I currently am using a 10-year old Bounty Hunter II. I got it when I lived by a beach, and had a lot of fun with it, despite it's obvious limitations. Now I am in the woods! I still take it out occasionally and have a good time. I've found some interesting things in a stream in back of my property. The BH does a pretty good job. I found a very old bone pocket-knife (the blade was just a memory), a bunch of brass petcocks, an ax head I'm planning on running through electrolysis, and a mystery object you can look at on the identify forum. I'd love some help with that.

I'm not looking for something crazy. Just a decent LED and good discrimination. I like digging relics, but I'd like to have more control if I choose to do some coin-shooting or jewelry-hunting. I would like to hear your thoughts.
Thank you very much.

ADD: It would have to be water-usable, too.

With the announcement of the Mine Lab Manticore, there will be a large number of Equinox 600 and 800 coming on the used market. Wait a few months and see what develops.

I use a Equinox 800 and love it. It does everything I want and more. I don't feel a need to go with the new machine. I would give it at least 6 months of general usage, then make a decision on a new one.

If you can get into a used Nox 600 or 800 for $500, I would jump on that.

With the announcement of the Mine Lab Manticore, there will be a large number of Equinox 600 and 800 coming on the used market. Wait a few months and see what develops.

I use a Equinox 800 and love it. It does everything I want and more. I don't feel a need to go with the new machine. I would give it at least 6 months of general usage, then make a decision on a new one.

If you can get into a used Nox 600 or 800 for $500, I would jump on that.
Thanks, MSCguy. I am definitely willing to buy a used one. Thanks for the great tip!

Although I love my Equinox the dunkability is somewhat in question. The Simplex or Legend come to mind. I have no experience with either but hear nothing but good things about them. And Nokta just announced a budget priced Legend close to yours. If you go Equinox make sure it has warranty left to cover you if it gets flooded. And by the way welcome to the forum. Good luck. Mark

Although I love my Equinox the dunkability is somewhat in question. The Simplex or Legend come to mind. I have no experience with either but hear nothing but good things about them. And Nokta just announced a budget priced Legend close to yours. If you go Equinox make sure it has warranty left to cover you if it gets flooded. And by the way welcome to the forum. Good luck. Mark
Thanks, Mark! I'll definitely be using it in the brook.

I have a Simplex and really love it. Simple, waterproof, light and affordable. $500 would get you the detector, wireless head phones and probably the smaller coil too.

Simplex or Legend

I agree. From what I've heard, these two are the best detectors for your money.

I have an Equinox 800 that is sitting in a case since I got my Deus II. If you’re interested, let me know - I’m not too far from you

Sorry, guys, been busy and haven't checked back. I was looking at the Nox and Nokta. Great tips, thanks.

You could look into a Garrett AT Pro, they are waterproof down to 10', need to get waterprooof headphones, I think I paid right around $500. for it.

Back
Top Bottom