Mosquito repellant

Smooth23

Elite Member
Okay this is tangentially off topic, maybe. I’m looking for a deet free mosquito repellant that also won’t eat plastics, rubbers, etc. that’s the only reason I want deet free. What works? Here the mosquitos think deet is a delicious sauce, soo… help.

“Annie Oakley Don’t Touch Me” outdoor body spray. Can be found at your pharmacy (perhaps) or can be ordered online. I have tried ALL manner of bug repellent and this one is the best I’ve used hands down, period. A little pricey but 4 fl oz goes a long way. It checks all of your boxes.

“Annie Oakley Don’t Touch Me” outdoor body spray. Can be found at your pharmacy (perhaps) or can be ordered online. I have tried ALL manner of bug repellent and this one is the best I’ve used hands down, period. A little pricey but 4 fl oz goes a long way. It checks all of your boxes.

The reviews on Amazon aren’t real hot

:lol: I’m just saying it works is all. Not quite sure where you saw the reviews, Amazon doesn’t carry it.

Definitely saw the reviews I'm referencing on amazon, but I think they might have pulled the switcharoo to another product when searching via the phone.. Cause I don't see it now.

Definitely 20% Picaridin. Works very well for me and does not cause harm.
When I backpack Isle Royale NP I also add another layer of insurance by spraying my clothes before the trip with Sawyer Permethrin.

Depending on where you are, I have had great luck with Herbal Armor for both mosquitos and ticks. The only exception is tiger mosquitos on Assateague Island. Those things didn’t care at all!

I know you're asking about deet free but you may consider Offs 'Skintastic'. It only contains 5% deet (as compared to 35-100%), is inexpensive and it's effective.

Back
Top Bottom