• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What's the ring record in recent times?

This thread has me just wanting to give up,thanks guys..I wish I lived near a ocean, unfortunately all we have here in my town is a muddy river the unemployed sunbath near that I've named cracker beach. I've went over the area those sungods where inhabitating,and didn't find nothing but a bus pass and a keychain with the name Bubba on it..if I ever move I'm looking back on this thread, and whoever has the most gold rings I'm looking for a place in your town.
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I won't spill the beans, but word has it that Lake St. Clair (Michigan) has a detectorist that scored more than 200 for the bleak 2 months they call "summer". :lol:

I wouldn't take a chest of gold to move back to that God-forsaken state. I'd rather deal with Snakes, Gators, Crocs, Sharks, and Stingrays than Snow & Ice.

Don't get depressed on us......

if I ever move I'm looking back on this thread, and whoever has the most gold rings I'm looking for a place in your town.

Here you go, as Mr. KOB would say.. "The Goldfish Bowl", your only a few hours from here, the Chesapeake bay. We had several old beaches from the late 1800's till 1970. And this is AA county, plenty more North of me around Baltimore. And I promise, there is gold to be found.

Attachments

• SNAG-0000.jpg
    SNAG-0000.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 123
I wonder what kind of detector he was using in 1958 ? And yes, I've heard of conditions so good, that an md'r here put down his detector, and just blindly scooped with his sandscoop , for an hour or two, at the base of concrete rip-rap, that had acted as type of riffle board. He ended up with something like 700 or 800-ish coins, of which 100 were silver . And something like 13 gold rings.

A good while back i used to talk to one of the old timers who is long gone now. Used to go by something like "FHT451" on youtube. Said they designed some sort of detector with the controls up on a pole so it was always out of the water. Said his record was 3 gold rings in one scoop, multiple 2 gold scoops. And they used to throw the gold in a bucket by the door for the grandkids. I can't remember what he said they used for scoops though? I think it was a piece of steel galvanized bucket. When i asked him if he ever made it out anymore he said " No, i got too dammed old!"

Felix & Compass, Kapi & Itsaring , it's not 12/31/2022 yet ,Florida & Ca. hunting all year :shock: PS Craig ( Don't expect a toaster
__________________ I thought Ring Daddy 2022 has to donate a new PI for the Mr. Gold Slumpy , Im in the running :yes::laughing:

We have a secret santa thing going on you don't know about Earl... we have enough now to get you a refurbished Tesoro Sand Shark... you will be king of the beach :yes:

We have a secret santa thing going on you don't know about Earl... we have enough now to get you a refurbished Tesoro Sand Shark... you will be king of the beach :yes:
Is it the one Eric Foster worked on before he passed with double depth and the "ONLY GOLD" setting?

A machine that has "Earl Mode". Enabling the user to achieve insane depth & speed. Like in a video game....

What about a Real Doll instead that way he can stay home with his scoops

Here you go, as Mr. KOB would say.. "The Goldfish Bowl", your only a few hours from here, the Chesapeake bay. We had several old beaches from the late 1800's till 1970. And this is AA county, plenty more North of me around Baltimore. And I promise, there is gold to be found.

It would be great to see the yellow & green spots marked off where you hunted. I would go to the other spots.

Earl... I only hunt minus tides which happen twice a month and only a few days each week that they happen on... tomorrow I am planning on going tomorrow if I can get up and out early... the rain and wind are coning by 11 am and that is when its low...

I'm still trying to finish my leaf jobs stupid trees still holding onto the sugar maples and Japanese red maples... 4 accounts left then I am free everyone else is done...

Wind out of the south is right now stripping the leaves off those 2 species of trees in my area Craig...you and I get to tax 'em for one more cleanup next week, then it's time to wait on the snow:lol: Same wind is pushing the water up for the 4:30 high this afternoon. You should go hit a south facing beach for tonight's low as soon as the rain lets up...hopefully be some sand movement:yes:

Wind out of the south is right now stripping the leaves off those 2 species of trees in my area Craig...you and I get to tax 'em for one more cleanup next week, then it's time to wait on the snow:lol: Same wind is pushing the water up for the 4:30 high this afternoon. You should go hit a south facing beach for tonight's low as soon as the rain lets up...hopefully be some sand movement:yes:

I know, I went by my accounts and the leaves are dropping good.... Duchess is a mess :lol: Maybe I'll get lucky and they will dry up later and blow out of the parking lot to someone else's property lol...

I am not looking forward to plowing...

Not on a level of the top rings guys and never will be, I've had many many multiple gold ring days, but posted very few of them, never felt the need to share my finds and generally still don't unless there are unique circumstances or some kind of back story attached.
Not going to criticize anyone but I think too many guys are attention seekers these days [mostly the youtube crowd] And I don't think thats a good thing for most of us, insofar as it increases competition at the beach. Plus I think alot of these finds are fake, set up just to generate clicks.

Not on a level of the top rings guys and never will be, I've had many many multiple gold ring days, but posted very few of them, never felt the need to share my finds and generally still don't unless there are unique circumstances or some kind of back story attached.
Not going to criticize anyone but I think too many guys are attention seekers these days [mostly the youtube crowd] And I don't think thats a good thing for most of us, insofar as it increases competition at the beach. Plus I think alot of these finds are fake, set up just to generate clicks.

Man , you sure got that right. 😥😫😭

Personally, I am thankful that so many hunters choose to share some of their finds here. It's inspiring and if Felix didn't show pictures of his zinc pennies I'd assume that he was just faking it. :lol:

Personally, I am thankful that so many hunters choose to share some of their finds here. It's inspiring and if Felix didn't show pictures of his zinc pennies I'd assume that he was just faking it. :lol:

I find it funny that professional ring finders complain about other people with detectors beating them to finds, when they're one of the biggest promoters of what a detector can do.
Double edged sword for them for sure.

Kob

Cool song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIsHZG1pkw :thumbsup: mmm Another good song Kob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHJWFWD05I :yes: What about a Real Doll instead that way he can stay home with his scoops > Been looking for that perfect doll over 50 years :laughing: NO SHOW :( PS Felix --Is it the one Eric Foster worked on before he passed with double depth and the "ONLY GOLD" setting , That's the one :yes:I need , contact his wife 4 me ! PS Cfm-ct --We have a secret santa thing going on you don't know about Earl... we have enough now to get you a refurbished Tesoro Sand Shark... you will be king of the beach :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: I thought you had more pull than that , Contact Mine LAB , Earl gets 50 % off on his new Waterproof PI with Gold Tech ., tell them to deliver it to my house with a playboy centerfold model jumping from a plane :lol::yes: PS KOB -- Here you go, as Mr. KOB would say.. "The Goldfish Bowl", your only a few hours from here, the Chesapeake bay. We had several old beaches from the late 1800's till 1970. And this is AA county, plenty more North of me around Baltimore. And I promise, there is gold to be found.
Attached Images Can't beleave OBN shared his honey holes , but maybe I can , because he cleaned them all out :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Cfm-ct -- No... that one was $15.00 more too pricey > I feel sorry 4 your wife , what kind of wine & cheeze do you get her for Christmas :no::jester:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom