Vaccine Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this negativity over a shot that could help stop this pandemic...

Listen to what doctors have to say....

https://news.trust.org/item/20210802220604-4x2tn

Craig, Baton Rouge's largest hospital, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, said Monday "there are no more beds left." Chief Medical Officer Katy O'Neal said at a press conference on Monday. They have 23 patients waiting for a transfer into the Baton Rouge hospital for an intensive care unit bed.

At that same press conference, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards announced the state would bring back its mask mandate and encouraged residents to get vaccinated.

Representatives from other hospitals in the state said they were having staffing shortages or dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks among staff.

"These are the darkest days of this pandemic. We are no longer giving adequate care to these patients," said O'Neal.

Craig, Baton Rouge's largest hospital, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, said Monday "there are no more beds left." Chief Medical Officer Katy O'Neal said at a press conference on Monday. They have 23 patients waiting for a transfer into the Baton Rouge hospital for an intensive care unit bed.

At that same press conference, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards announced the state would bring back its mask mandate and encouraged residents to get vaccinated.

Representatives from other hospitals in the state said they were having staffing shortages or dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks among staff.

"These are the darkest days of this pandemic. We are no longer giving adequate care to these patients," said O'Neal.

I think a lot of this confusion is from all the misinformation people are not checking, but just excepting because it is what they want to hear.

I see the hospitals filling up again. Yes the infection rate & death rate have gone down a lot, but only among those who have been vaccinated or caught the virus and built up an immunity. The hospitalizations and deaths are climbing rapidly with the non-vaccinated.

Just a bit ago I saw on the news where one of the biggest problems is people are still getting misinformation about the effectiveness of masks, so they're using this misinformation as a reason to not wear one. As the doctor said it is because the full information is not being repeated. Yes, the masks are not going to do any good if not worn correctly. But what they hear on the news is just the No masks don't work.

I see the hospitals filling up again. Yes the infection rate & death rate have gone down a lot, but only among those who have been vaccinated or caught the virus and built up an immunity. The hospitalizations and deaths are climbing rapidly with the non-vaccinated.

When ICU beds fill up, the death rate will shoot up as critically ill patients go untreated and or Doctors are forced to triage and decide which patients get the resources and which do not. :no:

You obviously haven't spent much time in Louisiana.

John Bel Edwards, :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: yea you should probably leave his name out of this thread and off the forum altogether.

In my previous post (previous page) I said that my wife and I were the only ones who tested positive. That's changed. My son-in-law started feeling dicey yesterday so they bought some home test kits and daughter and son-in-law are now both positive, daughter weakly so. Son-in-law took the Pfizer jab months ago and I believe daughter had the Moderna about the same time. The jabs definitely don't prevent you from getting sick but hopefully moderate its severity and duration. If not, then why bother? Just to enrich Big Pharma?

After the recent loss of our friend and colleague ScubaDetective, I have decided to share the method I used to acquire prescriptions to Ivermectin, a Nobel Prize winning discovery for its creators, that has shown off label efficacy for coronavirus both prophylactically and therapeutically, in the hope that any of you, so inclined, can timely avail yourselves of the stuff.

First you have to hit a website: https://myfreedoctor.com/ . You set up an account and download an app called "Medici." My Free Doctor will set you up with a participating doctor via the Medici app for consultation. These people work off donations and they suggest $100/consultation. You give what you feel they are worth for their services. They WILL prescribe Ivermectin for off label purposes because they recognize its efficacy and that this information is being suppressed and don't like it. They will give you a prescription for prophylactic use (I got 65 tablets, 3 mg each). They suggest you wait at least a few weeks and then you can request a therapeutic prescription. I never asked how large a prescription I could get but simply followed their suggestions. They also will provide you with a full protocol of supplementation to make the ivermectin more efficacious. It will include Quercetin, zinc, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C. I used the GoodRx website to shop for the best prices for filling the prescriptions. Don't bother with Wallgreen/Target, they wouldn't honor the prescription. King Soopers Pharmacy (Kroger) would. Make sure you specify the correct pharmacy for My Free Doctor to send the prescription to or you will wind up doing prescription transfers.

Doesn't sound like a place I would want to. My cousin went to LSU. He went in normal, came out not so well.

On second thought maybe you should. You could take a ride to the hospitals yourself and check out the "facts" about Louisiana hospitals. You and Edwards would get along well.

On second thought maybe you should. You could take a ride to the hospitals yourself and check out the "facts" about Louisiana hospitals. You and Edwards would get along well.

Sorry, I am not a conspiracy theorist. I take Chief Medical Officer Dr. Katy O'Neal at her word. If she says the hospital is full up, I believe her.

Ivermectin is a cow worming medicine that we used in paste form in the 1970's.
To think that a worming medicine is a cure for covid is ludicrous.
We are on the 8th day with covid. This covid is altering the pH level in our gi tracts. Calcium carbonate has done us more good than anything for that.

Sorry, I am not a conspiracy theorist. I take Chief Medical Officer Dr. Katy O'Neal at her word. If she says the hospital is full up, I believe her.

I know the hospitals here in Missouri are near capacity https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/m...-case-average-over-2000-for-3rd-straight-day/ they have been shipping patients from rural hospitals to bigger hospitals , from what i have see Florida is in the same vote . My daughter works in a big hospital there and they have been making more floors covid-19 units.

Ok, but someone believes not getting vaccinated is the right choice for them, given the risks. Ok, fine. But then don't go out unless masked. Get tested regularly. Avoid others who may be infected, etc.

The problem isn't people not getting vaccinated. The problem is people not getting vaccinated, but still acting as if it's business as usual.
In years past, when the "seasonal flu" was killing thousands of people in this country, were you telling people to wear a mask? To get tested? Were you wearing a mask or getting tested? Did you go around acting as if it was "business as usual" ?

Sorry you don't understand how Louisiana and John Bel Edwards work. I detected for three days in Louisiana this past weekend. There a total of four days. What you believe and what is fact aren't the same.

Ivermectin is a potential prophylactic and treatment. I would not recommend people treating themselves.

From this journal article: https://journals.lww.com/americanth...he_emerging_evidence_demonstrating_the.4.aspx

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

I have not heard one news report about Ivermectin. I caught wind of it several months ago, and I have not heard much about it since.

I am bewildered at why more treatments and potential treatments are not in the news. It's vaccines 24/7.

Last edited:
Ivermectin is a potential prophylactic and treatment. I would not recommend people treating themselves.

From this journal article: https://journals.lww.com/americanth...he_emerging_evidence_demonstrating_the.4.aspx

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

I have not heard one news report about Ivermectin. I caught wind of it several months ago, and I have not heard much about it since.

I am bewildered at why more treatments and potential treatments are not in the news. It's vaccines 24/7.
You know why and so do I.

That's the hope. However, there is now the proverbial line in the sand. Look at the intensity of the comments. I know a set of twins who are on opposite sides of the debate. They're in their early 60's. It's caused some consternation. Sad times. I'm 58 and remember when people were on opposite sides and could still be one for all and all for one. That is gone.

My sister has not gone for her shot and she really needs to because she uses a inhaler... she has 3 young children... she is an adult she will have to decide what is important... I will not beg her. Her boyfriend tried stopping me he loves those conspiracy sites... his job he comes in close contact with many people a day... he is playing with fire.

In years past, when the "seasonal flu" was killing thousands of people in this country, were you telling people to wear a mask? To get tested? Were you wearing a mask or getting tested? Did you go around acting as if it was "business as usual" ?

Again this is why people are making bad decisions based on misinformation.

There is no comparison between COVID-19 and the seasonal flu. It isn't hard to look up the correct information if you want, but most people would rather just believe what their political sources are saying.

Seasonal influenza deaths are not actually counted deaths, but "estimated count", which from the CDC is "the number of counted influenza deaths was between 3448 and 15 620 yearly. The CDC estimates of deaths attributed to influenza were nearly 6 times greater than its reported counted numbers." Based on the figure of approximately 60 000 COVID-19 deaths in the US as of the end of April 2020, they are nowhere close.

The death rate among COVID-19 patients was 18.5%, while it was 5.3% for those with the flu. Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients.

As has been stated many times the pandemic is ONLY with those not getting vaccinated. It has also been stated that if you're not vaccinated, you will get COVID sooner or later. So, if catching COVID does not bother you, save us some time and the need to wear masks and go get someone infected person to cough or spit on you so you get it over with, and quit prolonging it for the rest of us LOL.

My sister has not gone for her shot and she really needs to because she uses a inhaler... she has 3 young children... she is an adult she will have to decide what is important... I will not beg her. Her boyfriend tried stopping me he loves those conspiracy sites... his job he comes in close contact with many people a day... he is playing with fire.
Myself and my co-workers, 15+ were in care homes, businesses and residences all of spring/summer of 2020, at the height of the scare. None of of us sick, none. You’re at low risk if healthy and no comorbities.

Myself and my co-workers, 15+ were in care homes, businesses and residences all of spring/summer of 2020, at the height of the scare. None of of us sick, none. You’re at low risk if healthy and no comorbities.

I live very close to NYC we were in a hot area since this pandemic started... I wore the best mask I could find... even after the Gov here said those vaccinated could go into stores without a mask on I chose to continue wearing it... its not a big deal I wear one outside while I work because my commercial zero turn mower blows around a lot of dust...

I never stopped going shopping or stopped living with the right protection I felt safe. I made sure people stayed away from me and if they got too close I had them back off...

I was a caregiver to my 94 year old mom and I didn't want to bring anything home to her.

Again this is why people are making bad decisions based on misinformation.

There is no comparison between COVID-19 and the seasonal flu. It isn't hard to look up the correct information if you want, but most people would rather just believe what their political sources are saying.

As has been stated many times the pandemic is ONLY with those not getting vaccinated. It has also been stated that if you're not vaccinated, you will get COVID sooner or later. So, if catching COVID does not bother you, save us some time and the need to wear masks and go get someone infected person to cough or spit on you so you get it over with, and quit prolonging it for the rest of us LOL.

Same old yada,yada, yada........if it doesn't fit YOUR narrative, it's MISinformation.

why is it always "political"?

Unvaccinated people will all get Covid sooner or later ? Is that what looking into your crystal ball told you?

Save you some time wearing masks and get some infected person to cough or spit on me? That's as nasty a reply as there can be. And the LOL at the end of your rant was a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom