Really great app for finding owners of property

ramer

Elite Member
Maybe this been discussed before. And if so I apologise.
This is an Android app. Works on my smart phone.
Go to the Android Play Store and download an app called Landgrid. This is a free version.
Once you install the app and open it a map will appear.
Touch a house on the map and it tells you the owner and address. Touch a field and it tells you who owns it.
The owner's name will appear at the bottom of the screen. Touch this and you get even more info.
You can zoom the map as well giving you really hi res views making it easier to touch individual houses.
I live in upstate New York. I haven't tried it for other states. Don't know if there is a similar app for iPhones
and haven't tried to get it for win 10.
Enjoy

Wow never heard of it . Kinda creeps me out it’s that easy to find that type of information.

Why not just go to your county courthouse ,the prothonotary office sells a Platt map, has the whole county and lists who owns each property,how many acres etc.

Maybe this been discussed before. And if so I apologise.
This is an Android app. Works on my smart phone.
Go to the Android Play Store and download an app called Landgrid. This is a free version.
Once you install the app and open it a map will appear.
Touch a house on the map and it tells you the owner and address. Touch a field and it tells you who owns it.
The owner's name will appear at the bottom of the screen. Touch this and you get even more info.
You can zoom the map as well giving you really hi res views making it easier to touch individual houses.
I live in upstate New York. I haven't tried it for other states. Don't know if there is a similar app for iPhones
and haven't tried to get it for win 10.
Enjoy

Thanks for this! I did a search and found a version that works on PC. The free version seems to limit the landowner information to my home county, but that's OK, I like free. :lol:

https://landgrid.com/us#b=admin

Why not just go to your county courthouse ,the prothonotary office sells a Platt map, has the whole county and lists who owns each property,how many acres etc.

Number one, this is free. Number two, I don't have to go anywhere. My finger does all the work. And number three, New York state has over 60 counties. This app covers them all. So I don't have to travel to various counties and buy a bunch of maps.

Or number 3, the Plat book shown here is what I purchased at our prothonotary office... $30 and has about a 100 pages of the county maps,with owners names,how many acres and contact info in the back of the book. Much more useful if your serious about this than the apps online,I’ve used apps and they’re limited and not accurate. The Plat books are done every year and updated.If you look at each parcel on the map, the land owners name is there and in red is The acreage amount on that property

Attachments

• 32978ECA-C794-4B19-9F67-C7265205ECCC.jpg
    32978ECA-C794-4B19-9F67-C7265205ECCC.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 827
  • 2E0BF9B3-B763-4A03-832B-49B1A1BFBFD3.jpg
    2E0BF9B3-B763-4A03-832B-49B1A1BFBFD3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 828
  • DEA91F53-0E54-45B4-BA2C-9C9B1A91E24A.jpg
    DEA91F53-0E54-45B4-BA2C-9C9B1A91E24A.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
I've not used onX app so I can't compare the two

Ok, thanx. The onX app was pretty technical and hard for me to navigate. Although I admit to being a technotard. Doh ! I'll give your Landgrid a try. Thanx.

... . Kinda creeps me out it’s that easy to find that type of information.

Actually, all these things do is show who's paying the property tax. Info that's been public domain (if you cared to data-mine through paper folders at county courthouses), for 100+ yrs. now. And the info. doesn't give out phone #'s, for example.

And even the "person who pays the property" tax is often concealed. Ie.: it's not an actual person's name (that you can subsequently track down). Instead, it's often time corporation names. Or names of trusts. Or the name of a ranch, etc... And as for the "address", that too can sometimes be a dead-end, since it might only be a post office box, for example.

But at least it will tell you where the county sends the property tax bill to. And at a minimum, you're able to send a letter to that address. Sure, it will probably end up in the trash can (like all junk mail does). But other times, perhaps you can glean an actual person's name, and with cross-referencing, figure out an actual person to talk to, etc...

Thank you thank you. This is easier than the county engineers office!

Glad you like it. It's a really great app. Beats having to buy maps. This app is equivalent to thousands of maps. It's the digital age.

Or number 3, the Plat book shown here is what I purchased at our prothonotary office... $30 and has about a 100 pages of the county maps,with owners names,how many acres and contact info in the back of the book. Much more useful if your serious about this than the apps online,I’ve used apps and they’re limited and not accurate. The Plat books are done every year and updated.If you look at each parcel on the map, the land owners name is there and in red is The acreage amount on that property

It's the digital age. Thousands of those maps are in the palm of my hand.

Why use or pay for some special app? Every county I've bothered to look in has them available online through their appraisal district. All immediately searchable by owner, address, or by map, and all at no cost to you.

Why use or pay for some special app? Every county I've bothered to look in has them available online through their appraisal district. All immediately searchable by owner, address, or by map, and all at no cost to you.

The app is free. You can use it while detecting if you have coverage. Unless you take your computer with you, that is.

"Every county I've bothered to look in has them available online through their appraisal district."

How would someone look something up online without some sort of computer?

Well you were talking about using the that application, so I was working from the context of already having that covered.

Back
Top Bottom