Arkansas Hunters

aeds151

I have been in the deer woods lately and I am looking to take a break and hunt some metal. Anyone from Arkansas want to meet up for a hunt? I have met and hunted with some great folks on here so far. Always interested in meeting new detectorists and maybe seeing/researching some new places around this state I am not originally from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you thought about researching and detecting the deer woods where you are hunting? There might be a pleasant surprise there.
Back in the 1990's I was a member of a deer club where a logging dragline from the 1800's and the pad for the steam engine that drove it were still visible because it was so heavy. I need to get in touch with the guys that run that club and see if I can go back there.

I can't hardly imagine a lamer place to metal detect than any of my old deer hunting spots, not in Arkansas anyway, and I haven't deer hunted in any another state. You might get lucky in some of the older deer camps people have used for many years, but the beer pull tabs and screw caps will kill you though. Jmho

There was this one place though which had an old ghost town, all grown up in vines. I've thought about getting in there but it has been lots of years. It is surely padlocked and/or maybe leveled by foreign investors by now. When they took down piney woods it was a total clear cut. Sad but true.

Last edited:
I can't hardly imagine a lamer place to metal detect than any of my old deer hunting spots, not in Arkansas anyway, and I haven't deer hunted in any another state. You might get lucky in some of the older deer camps people have used for many years, but the beer pull tabs and screw caps will kill you though. Jmho

There was this one place though which had an old ghost town, all grown up in vines. I've thought about getting in there but it has been lots of years. It is surely padlocked and/or maybe leveled by foreign investors by now. When they took down piney woods it was a total clear cut. Sad but true.

Our deer hunting spots seem full of potential because they were old logging camps from the late 1800's. This is the steam engine era when men lived at temporary camps and there were no banks in the area. These men got paid in cash and had no where to keep the money but their pockets. We cannot go on these properties until deer season is over.

Ah, I deer hunt on National Forest. My forest has a Title 36 CFR against the use of metal detectors upon or within the boundaries of a pre/historic site. So I cant do it. I do know of an old ccc camp and tons of places with chimneys sticking up but they are all no goes. I havent metal detected in months and kinda ran out of public grounds in my town (not many, parks are post 60’s). Would be nice to get back into it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible areas

I am living in VA now but I am originally from North Central Arkansas near the White River. The Trail of Tears (ToT)ran through that area (Batesville-Mountain View etc…). That would be a possible place to do some MD’ing. I would do a little research online to see that path that the ToT took. After that I would go along the river system because that it where they would have camped and usually it is bean fields now. May even find some arrowheads. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom