Anton Bartu reverse.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 210
Great find! 1946 obit

Attachments

• The_Journal_Times_Mon__May_27__1946_.jpg
    The_Journal_Times_Mon__May_27__1946_.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 162
Found a nice old token yesterday.

http://www.tokencatalog.com/token_record_forms.php?action=DisplayTokenRecord&td_id=635280

Time to do some research.
Happy Hunting Everybody:D

Great find! 1946 obit

Awesome token, matmit, and cool that you submitted it to tokencatalog.com!

And great job finding that obit, Iggy! The obit seems to narrow the date range for the token to between 1906-1926, and it looks like the liquor license info that matmit found and listed in the tokencatalog entry might help narrow it down further - though it’s possible the liquor license application might have been something that needed to be reapplied for periodically. But that’s why I love tokens - great local history to learn about every time! Like others have said, I’ll take a token over a most coins any day!

Great hunting, matmit!

Awesome token, matmit, and cool that you submitted it to tokencatalog.com!

And great job finding that obit, Iggy! The obit seems to narrow the date range for the token to between 1906-1926, and it looks like the liquor license info that matmit found and listed in the tokencatalog entry might help narrow it down further - though it’s possible the liquor license application might have been something that needed to be reapplied for periodically. But that’s why I love tokens - great local history to learn about every time! Like others have said, I’ll take a token over a most coins any day!

Great hunting, matmit!

Wow, actually that liquor license info was added by the historian:yes:

Back
Top Bottom