Our lowest gas price..

Here in the Royal Kingdom of central Arkansas, gas never reached $5 a gallon, it got as high as $4.85 then started dropping. At a very few discount stations, His Majesty sees it hovering at or just below $3 a gallon presently. KT rides His Royal Steed more as it goes back up, getting 90 mpg!

Closing in on $4 in SE MI, a few stations well over, some just shy.
Obviously, things are on a trajectory to get a whole lot worse before they get any better.
Have been driving my 28 mpg Nissan rather than my 12 mpg Ram last few months, not looking forward to winter when I am storing the Nissan.

I'm going to buy a used Nissan leaf(all electric) when I can afford it. Maybe in 4 years?

Be careful buying any used ev. You need to know the life remaining in the batteries, cycle wise, otherwise, you will be buying a money pit when the batts go bad and you have to replace them.

IF you live near work and do not have to drive major highways to get to work, an electric bicycle might be a good answer. Otherwise buy a cheap scooter and get 100 mpg! KT rides a scooter and has fun on it!:yes:

I'm going to buy a used Nissan leaf(all electric) when I can afford it. Maybe in 4 years?

Ditto to what King said. Then of course, electricity prices seem to be skyrocketing.

Back to horsey King? Or just electric horsey?

Be careful buying any used ev. You need to know the life remaining in the batteries, cycle wise, otherwise, you will be buying a money pit when the batts go bad and you have to replace them.

IF you live near work and do not have to drive major highways to get to work, an electric bicycle might be a good answer. Otherwise buy a cheap scooter and get 100 mpg! KT rides a scooter and has fun on it!:yes:

Ditto to what King said. Then of course, electricity prices seem to be skyrocketing.

I know, a refurbished/new battery is only $10,000. Not bad really.
Beats gas prices now.
I live 7 miles from work so it's a win for me.

Also, don't get spooked by a very used prius, you can get new battery packs for under 1000 now... I know it's a hybrid not an ev but it's a nice middle ground for folks who can't go full ev...

Unfortunately, the cheaper ($1000 -$1500) ebikes just do not go fast enough, and the higher priced ones ($3500-$4500) are not much better, to keep up with traffic on the secondary roads, even when you pedal themā€¦all below 30 mph. The gasoline steed (Royal scooter) gets 90 mpg @ 35 mph. KT can get around town very nicely without irritating most drivers, except the more aggressive, who will pass illegally even when KT is going the speed limit! You know the type. So no electric steed for KT. Besides there is something enjoyable about hearing the sound of a scooter motor, compared to the whine of an electric motor.

In America, there is room for all different approaches, so what melts KTā€™s butter, may harden someone elseā€™s. The push towards ā€œeveryoneā€ owning an ev car is the same type of reasoning as everyone only needs one type of metal detector! :shock::shock:

I know, a refurbished/new battery is only $10,000. Not bad really.
Beats gas prices now.
I live 7 miles from work so it's a win for me.

Donā€™t forget that prices of a used Prius has jumped up , due to high demand, so a used one is no longer a bargain. $10,000 is a bargain?

KT wishes He lived in your world! :wow::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom