Thanks for all the encouragement from Forum members....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
I got one of my goals today! But it did not come without a lot of effort! :lol::lol:

This morning I awoke to rain, slow steady much needed rain. On my way to church it rained, during church, and on my way home...rain rain rain...OH, did we need it!

So after lunch, while it was still raining, I decided that since I could not go MDing, I would work on that stack of firewood I got that needed splitting. My son John and I split and stacked a lot of it in 2 hours. But it was heating up outside and we both were ringing wet when we finally stopped...around 3:00 pm and it had finally quit raining and the sun had come out...it was only 85 outside but with the humidity it felt like I was in a crockpot, just slow cooking! :lol::lol:

I came inside, drank some iced tea, several glasses and cooled down. Watched some of the PGA on the TV and actually took a short nap. Around 4:30 pm I woke up and was hungry so fixed myself some left over homemade veggie soup and ate supper.

It was around 5 pm and I told my wife, I am goin MDing and won't be back until dark. I had been thinking of where to go to get enough clad to break $300.00 today. Several members had left me encouraging messages in my last post to go for it and not let the weekend get by without making it.

So I got the first school and started in hunting...results are shown in the first 2 pics....$2.45 and some junk jewelry items. :lol::lol:

I then ran by a local park that is near the school, and did a quick run over it...I really cleaned it good the last time cause I only found 2 mems and made a surface find of a dime. So another 12 cents to the total.

Finally it was beginning to get late and I knew I did not have another hour of light, I arrived at the second school closer to my home. I ran over it and got 16 coins for 99 cents and a LOT of deep signals, below the matting which I refuse to cut through, tho one signal was so strong that I did cut the matting and recovered......a flat coke can! :shock: That convinced me to ignor them if they were below the matting. Anywho, I finished the second school totlot when it was getting too dark to see. Good timing!

Total take for today is $3.56!!! That put me over $300. :excited::thumbsup::egyptian::wine2::whoohoo:

Pics show finds, except for the park ...a dime and 2 mems did not warrent a pic! :lol::lol:

Attachments

• Otter Creek elementary 08 21 2011 15 mems 3 nickels 9 dimes 5 qtrs.jpg
    Otter Creek elementary 08 21 2011 15 mems 3 nickels 9 dimes 5 qtrs.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Otter Creek elementary 08 21 2011 J heart earring, button, grommet, pendant, plastic bracelet.jpg
    Otter Creek elementary 08 21 2011 J heart earring, button, grommet, pendant, plastic bracelet.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Mabelvale elementary 08 21 2011 9 mems 2 nickels 3 dimes 2 qtrs 1 crown earring 1 stud 1 grommet.jpg
    Mabelvale elementary 08 21 2011 9 mems 2 nickels 3 dimes 2 qtrs 1 crown earring 1 stud 1 grommet.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 348
Giddy Up! Way to go Shooter! Gratz on makin your goal! So whats the plan for this week?

Haha just read through the post and realized I missed the marble! Gottem all back yet?:lol:

Great job! People not into the hobby would scoff at that amount vs the time you spent to get it but us MDers know how much fun it is and how worth the effort was.

Back
Top Bottom