• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Had a great time in Boston today with fellow forum members.

boretti4blues

Elite Member
Had a blast today..Met up with Jressman and Dinosaur1 for a 5 hour hunt. I knew it was going to be a good day when Jressman found a nice barber dime :yes: at the first spot we hit...Shortly after I got my first silver a 1943 D Merc:sweet:. After that things went a little slow and just found some trash and clad. We decided to take a break an eat some lunch. Headed back out and sure enough I found another Merc..1936 :excited:. The rest of the day was pretty typical, lots of trash and clad. However, I did find one pocket spill that had 5 quarters and two dimes which was awesome. I decided to call it day and get home to my wife and kids. As I was walking back to the car I got a strong 12-44 signal. Thinking it was another penny..Bam! A gold mens ring :shock: after taking a closer look turned out to be plated:crying:. Overall it was a great day with great weather and great company. Lets do it again guys!!

HH

Attachments

• 1936 & 1943 D Mercs_Front.jpg
    1936 & 1943 D Mercs_Front.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 1936 & 1943 D Mercs_Back.jpg
    1936 & 1943 D Mercs_Back.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Gold Plated Mens Ring.jpg
    Gold Plated Mens Ring.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 289
Very nice. Wish I could have made it over to the park to meet you guys today.

Had a great time today!!

That ring cleaned up really nicey.

Here's my finds

1900 Indian that I found while walking to meet Boretti4Blues, got a 12-31 at 2 inches along a trail in the woods. Didn't have headphones plugged in or even a digging tool. I just kicked on my Etrac while walking and got the signal. I dug it with my boot and used the Sunray to pinpoint. Great start to the day!

Next was a 1911 Barber Dime not even 3 feet from where I grabbed that Indian. I also got a real cruddy but repeatable signal with numbers all over the place which ended up being a 1956 Roosevelt Dime.

Group hunting is a lot of fun! We have to do this again.

3e538a15.jpg

Had a great time today!!

That ring cleaned up really nicey.

Here's my finds

1900 Indian that I found while walking to meet Boretti4Blues, got a 12-31 at 2 inches along a trail in the woods. Didn't have headphones plugged in or even a digging tool. I just kicked on my Etrac while walking and got the signal. I dug it with my boot and used the Sunray to pinpoint. Great start to the day!

Next was a 1911 Barber Dime not even 3 feet from where I grabbed that Indian. I also got a real cruddy but repeatable signal with numbers all over the place which ended up being a 1956 Roosevelt Dime.

Group hunting is a lot of fun! We have to do this again.

3e538a15.jpg

Wish I'd met up with you guys today, the spot I went to was pretty crappy and all I got was one lonely silver Rosie and a bunch of clad. Maybe I'll get an invite again and meet you guys.

Nice digs! I do alot of deliveries in Boston and I'm always wondering what is legal snd whats not. Heck, most of the charles river has prime detecting along it. Is it legal? IDK. I haven't forgotten about our talk/messages and I've got a spot picked out for you. Plenty of room for a few of us (500 acres) of former and present colonial farm fields...the spot Photorob got his colonial buckle. We didnt pull much the day we went but the good stuff is definately there. In fact, its probably closer to you than us, lol. Take care and I'll be in touch.

Back
Top Bottom