Been Living in the STone Age

TimC

Elite Member
Hey guys, I've been living in the "stone age" this past week with no electricity, email or internet. As you probably know we here in Alabama got hammered by tornado's this past week which cut a path 1/2 mile wide through our city with about 4 downtown city blocks gone as in destroyed. The only thing to do will be to move the rubble and rebuild downtown. If that was not enough 85% of the 100 and 200 year old oak trees was up rooted and not the city is bald, it looks very strange, sort of surreal. Anyway, all is good here at the house, but there is plenty to do for the towns people, which my scout troop will be doing today. I'll try and post some pics later. but if your interested to see what and EF- 4 twister can do here is a video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR83MBQNGqw

Glad you and yours are safe and sound! Good luck rebuilding out there!

Wish you the best in the rebuiling process. The video says it all!! We will keep all of you that went through that in our prayers.d.d

WOW, glad you're safe! Having grown up in Central Illinois, I know about twisters. Only we didn't have the EF scale back then, we rated them from "man that was something" to HOLY CR@P that was a bad one!" Godspeed on the recovery in your town.

a few years ago we had heaven at our house when an ice storm took out all power for 7 days. yeah it was cold, but no tv, stereos, computers, games, and other noxious teenage noise makers.

but it eventually came back on. DANG!

Back
Top Bottom