Vaccine Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should this topic be shut down for sparking friendly debate? Shut down because some people aren't predisposed to jumping on the vaccine bandwagon? I'm just making comments on a topic someone else started.

I am assuming the people saying they have not got the vaccine yet including myself are just commenting it's not for them and why.

If you took the vaccine that's great for you. I don't feel at moment taking the vaccine is great for me. I shy away from even flu vaccines because I don't feel I need them. I am not elderly, I exercise regularly, I have a strong immune system, I have no underlying conditions, I just am very rarely sick period.

The vaccines are great for the people most at risk from COVID. I know many people who have had it. None were the worse for wear having had it. All those who have had it are now contributing to herd immunity also.

If members bring their political views or put down a group of people based on their ethnicity it will be shut down... if members start attacking other members it will be shut down... we are not going to tolerate anything like that... we have rules if members cannot abide by them then we will close the thread and not allow the topic again.

Not aimed at you my friend, I was referring to being pitted against each other by our government.

The vaccinations I posted did not have long-term testing before being OK'd for public use. Like the COVID-19, it was tested on a large number of volunteers willing to take the risk. They did not take years and years of testing, misinformation. It also did go through the proper testing as required by the FDA. Again, misinformation.

Again I say, if you have never heard of the Delta Plus variant, not just the Delta, then you don't know all you need to know to explain why things are being done as they are.

As someone who was working at the local hospital during the COVID-19 outbreak, I know for a fact how it adversely affected everyone besides just the ones who caught the virus. I saw and heard for patients how it was keeping them from very much needed help. I also saw so many posting that it was all a lie, as I went to work day after day seeing for myself it was a fact.

IF, and a big IF, our hospitals once again start filling up with victims of the new variants, then again people seeking the normal hospital's visits will be shut off. That is why I say the biggest problem I see is that many people only look at themselves and how the virus affects them, not how they getting exposed, affects others.

I was listening to a doctor this morning explain the Delta variant saying the viral load is a 1000 times worse then the other covid 19's... scary stuff.. I may not be fully protected but I believe I am better off than a unvaccinated person... to each their own...

https://www.foxla.com/news/delta-va...times-higher-than-original-coronavirus-strain

I was listening to a doctor this morning explain the Delta variant saying the viral load is a 1000 times worse then the other covid 19's... scary stuff.. I may not be fully protected but I believe I am better off than a unvaccinated person... to each their own...

https://www.foxla.com/news/delta-va...times-higher-than-original-coronavirus-strain

Agreed Cfmct. I am all for each to their own opinions. What does concern me is a lot of information is not being given to the public as clear as needs to be. The Delta variant, as you stated, is far more dangerous, but what we don't see as why is that it also is known to create sub-varients. So far we have Delta and Delta Plus, the first sub-variant that science doesn't even know what it is capable of yet.

Science also agrees with you that you're much better off having gotten the vaccination.

I’m going to reply specifically to your statement of “tested” in regards to childhood vaccinations, and we are going to examine only one point. The point is “testing” of aluminum adjuvants, and the known neurotoxicity of aluminum. I’m not against “safe” vaccinations. It’s the use of known neurotoxins which remain untested that I disagree with. I am too busy at the moment but will expand on the subject later this evening. But to close this reply

I believe anything we put into our bodies should be our choice, and should remain so.

Very good point, regardless of anyone's views as to whether the vaccine is good to take or not, no one should be able to force anyone to take any medication, now if some businesses, stores, or other places choose to place some kind of restrictions on unvaccinated and/or unmasked individuals then that is their choice also as independent companies. (for the record, I am fully vaccinated, but only by my free will choice, but no one could force me to get it if I didn't want to take it, and I respect other's free will choice they make for themselves, that is their right)

Dont get the shot, that's your choice. You have the freedom to make that choice. But if your employer mandates it, and you refuse, obviously you will be looking for a new job. I would not want to start all over at work, that's for sure.
When that happens it's no longer "Freedom of Choice"

Dont get the shot, that's your choice. You have the freedom to make that choice. But if your employer mandates it, and you refuse, obviously you will be looking for a new job. I would not want to start all over at work, that's for sure.

When that happens it's no longer "Freedom of Choice"

I can appreciate what you are saying, hopefully that does not happen, one thing I heard is that they might require weekly testing for the unvaccinated to keep their job, and while even weekly testing being required might not be okay with everyone, I would think many of the unvaccinated might not mind being tested so they know asap if they do happen to catch it.

hopefully that does not happen. I would think many of the unvaccinated might not mind being tested

Gary....I too would hope that it wouldn't happen but it has in fact started with certain companies.

I think the opposite regarding testing. I think that virtually all unvaccinated people would object to testing. I for one would not want my job status determined by a test that has a high percentage of false positives. Fortunately, I'm retired so this issue doesn't affect me.

Gary....I too would hope that it wouldn't happen but it has in fact started with certain companies.

I think the opposite regarding testing. I think that virtually all unvaccinated people would object to testing. I for one would not want my job status determined by a test that has a high percentage of false positives. Fortunately, I'm retired so this issue doesn't affect me.

Okay, didn't know some companies were actually requiring vaccinations to keep their jobs (would be good if those who could do their job remotely from home to at least be allowed that option instead of losing their job).

I also was not aware of the high percentage of false positives with the test, I wonder if there is more than one test available where some tests might be more accurate than others.

I am retired also, but I still am concerned that anyone would be forced to take any medication they objected to, it should be a free will choice, even if it requires some reasonable restrictions in some places for those who don't.

Agreed Cfmct. I am all for each to their own opinions. What does concern me is a lot of information is not being given to the public as clear as needs to be. The Delta variant, as you stated, is far more dangerous, but what we don't see as why is that it also is known to create sub-varients. So far we have Delta and Delta Plus, the first sub-variant that science doesn't even know what it is capable of yet.

Science also agrees with you that you're much better off having gotten the vaccination.

I got up this morning to watch the news and they were interviewing doctors and nurses from around the state who are upset saying this is a new pandemic of the unvaccinated... sure there have been breakthrough cases as no vaccine is a 100 percent...

But the majority being hospitalized are the unvaccinated..

I had no intentions of getting the vaccine I kept putting it off saying to myself I have beaten it so far wearing these N95 masks wearing nitrile gloves, sanitizing everything I bring into the house because you just never know... packages I order thru the mail get left out for 24 hours... I continue to take these precautions...

Then I saw what these variants were doing especially in South America where my wife is from and decided it was just a matter of time that they would be here and it was here that I decided it was time to take that chance... So I got vaccinated had no side effects other than a sore arm...

I can see it now.. we are going back to social distancing and masking up all the time...

I agree the messaging has been terrible...

This map of CT was all gray a month ago... not anymore...

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker

In fact all of the counties except for 2 have been designated as area's of community spread again.. Fairfield County where I am has lead the state in amount of infections throughout the pandemic.

I wear these masks while cutting my accounts so its not a big deal wearing them in stores or wherever... I treat everyone as unvaccinated..

It didn't have to be like this but... I'll leave it right there.

Mixed messaging has been a major issue causing people to question, and ignore the problems.

One thing I see missed by a lot is the reason for masking. It has been said many times but seems to get lost. Wearing a mask is NOT to protect yourself as much as it is to protect others. It takes me protecting you, and you protect me to work. And yes, science shows masks do reduce the number of people transmitting the virus in spite of the misinformation about masks do nothing.

They say if you're vaccinated you have 90% protection from getting the virus. Being asked to still wear a mask even though you're vaccinated is being taken as a mixed message because people say if the vaccination works, why do we have to wear a mask. The recommendation for wearing a mask even if vaccinated, again, is to protect those NOT vaccinated, not that being vaccinated doesn't work. They need to make this information more clear.

So the reality is, it is those who refuse to get vaccinated that are driving the mandate for everyone to wear a mask. The very people complaining, are the reason. Not a bit surprised.

Isreal is a few months ahead of us in the virus process, meaning they are doing most likely what we'll be doing in a few months. They're now going back to wearing masks and lockdowns, so don't be surprised when we end up in the boat. Politics are driving the information, unfortunately, and so it is very confusing.

Google, Facebook, Netflix, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, Saks Fifth Avenue, Washington Post, Ascension Health, Lyft, Uber, Twitter, Disney and Walmart among others, have instituted vaccine mandates for their employees.

Google, Facebook, Netflix, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, Saks Fifth Avenue, Washington Post, Ascension Health, Lyft, Uber, Twitter, Disney and Walmart among others, have instituted vaccine mandates for their employees.

Wow, do you know if the mandate simply requires weekly testing for the unvaccinated, or that they can't keep their jobs without being vaccinated ?

(I'm retired so it wouldn't have affected me, besides I voluntarily already got vaccinated)

It's not the same. Those vaccinations forced on children to attend school were actually tested, the covid gene therapy drugs were not. And now we are finding out the covid vaccines don't work and are actually poison.
I will not be a guinea pig for someone's untested gene therapy serum.
And no I don't believe anyone should be forced to get vaccinated for any reason. If you care to check, freedom from authoritarian government was how the USA was set up originally. Sadly, communist style tyranny has taken over.
The same people pushing for mandatory covid vaxx are the same authoritarian people who pushed for mandatory school vaccinations.
Can the people duped into getting covid jabs please not direct anger at unvaccinated objectors? Covid vaxx objectors are not the ones deserving of it.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Aluminum adjuvants are not safe. And apparently although the covid vaccination contains no aluminum derivatives, it may not be safe either.. instead of posting information about aluminum adjuvants I suggest anyone with concerns do their own research...

Attachments

• 4E72FF94-2C45-4D11-8F2D-9B538998BF28.jpg
    4E72FF94-2C45-4D11-8F2D-9B538998BF28.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 147
  • 1CA2B999-8D92-4307-974F-14F3E6B511DA.jpg
    1CA2B999-8D92-4307-974F-14F3E6B511DA.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 12AE6DA4-737F-45F6-8EAF-56DC614217BF.jpg
    12AE6DA4-737F-45F6-8EAF-56DC614217BF.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 428462E6-3844-4A00-A85F-43BDDD5FAEB2.jpg
    428462E6-3844-4A00-A85F-43BDDD5FAEB2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 326AD7CD-FCEF-4B2A-B188-F808D534458E.jpg
    326AD7CD-FCEF-4B2A-B188-F808D534458E.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 122
I also was not aware of the high percentage of false positives with the test, I wonder if there is more than one test available where some tests might be more accurate than others.

Just recently the FDA and I believe the CDC took one brand of the tests off the market because of a 33% fail rate. I forgot which brand it was but there are other brands still being used for testing.

This map of CT was all gray a month ago... not anymore...

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker

In fact all of the counties except for 2 have been designated as area's of community spread again.. Fairfield County where I am has lead the state in amount of infections throughout the pandemic.

It's no surprise that Fairfield County leads the state in infections because it's a county with a large population. I live in Windham County which has the smallest population of the eight counties in Connecticut and we were pretty much at the bottom of the "case count" through all of this.

I don't put much stock in the grey/yellow/red towns on the map because in order to be "RED" all you need is 15 "cases" per 100,000 people.
I live in Plainfield which has a population of approximately 15,000 which is about 1/7th of the 100,000. That means that if my town has THREE "cases" we become a "red zone". In a town of only 10,000 TWO "cases" would put that town in the red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom