• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ice ice baby!!! (Repair & Appraisal Complete! 8/19)

Way before I ever metal detected, I sorta found a bracelet like this, after leaving a super market in Plano Texas. Plano has always been a high profile, yet this was on the east side. That did matter in the aftermath. Rich were on the west side.

I was leaving and going thru the checkout with a few things I was buying, and a young lady ahead of me was in a frantic, after she left the store and came back inside. She apparently found that she had lost a bracelet she'd just gotten recently. She was a basket case, frantic. I went thru the checkout, feeling sorry, and half way to my car, I saw another shopper stop rolling his cart, and bend down and hold a nice bracelet. I quickly told him the situation inside, he handed me the bracelet, and DANG!, that was so heavy in diamonds and gold. I asked the finder to wait, he should get the credit for being trusting to give me the bracelet.

When I took it inside, the young lady was still "so wired for sound" and talking to the personnel, she simply went quiet and stunned when I walked up and said, "I heard you before leaving about losing a bracelet, is this yours?" I asked her to come with me to meet the honest man who really found it, and she did, but still speechless. The finder did wait in his car but left without meeting us.

It was really a cosmic time, and cosmic isn't a term I ever remember finding a purpose to use cosmic. I've found the returns to people when they ask for help, now that metal detecting is my hobby, rewarding at that moment they can hold it in their hand again. My lady that day was so stunned, she hardly muttered any words at all after I brought it to her. It was like her world had just stopped. I will always remember that time back maybe 20 years ago. I will in no way ever know how much that bracelet was really worth but it was heavy and diamonds weren't chips.

But I want to say this. Finders keepers is fine. I don't know for sure how much work I'd do in finding the owner unless real details were inscribed. So many stories about people who hardly give a simple smile when gifted back. You never know.

This is what THE KOB calls an EPIC find ! Eyeballs no less. From a kid to now , I may have found more valuable finds with my eyes than with my detector. Kinda odd when I think about it.

Nice job for sure! Beautiful piece of jewelry and very sparkly!
Thanks PT!
HOLY HOT SAUCE!!!!! Cellr now that's a find!!!! Congrats on the ice brother!!!
Thanks man!
Dang cellr that is awesome! What a spectacular find
Thanks buddy!
Awesome find! What do you think you will do with it? Something like that I would defiantly pay to have it fixed and display as a show piece.
I plan on getting it appraised, not sure if it would be wise to have it repaired first though,not sure if condition affects value, one would think so. I have zero experience with appraisals though. Thanks for looking!
Awesome find Jeff. Yeah you know the Mrs. will wind up with that. But thats ok, maybe she'll encourage you to hunt a little more often. Good luck, Mark
She has gotten much better, and has even showed an interest in joining me eventually :laughing: next beach trip I'm going to let her use the nox and I'm going to dust off the old explorer. Luckily for me, my wife has a similar bracelet already that's not broken. It was a gift from my mother a few years back, so she seems pretty open to letting me sell it. I'm seriously considering another CTX 🤔 thanks for checking in Mark!
Certainly a Royal quality find! Royal Congrats!

A question, is it broken? KT sees the clasp still holding the end, so did it come apart along one of the link connectors? If so, it would be fun to take it into the maker's shop and ask them to repair it...for free! :laughing::laughing::laughing: If they are a quality shop, they will!:yes:
Yes it is broken between a couple links, the actual clasp is fully intact and operational. This will probably be sold, not sure when, no rush on my end. Thanks for looking KT!
Killer find.

If you get it professionally appraised it will help to get a good price when selling. I found a platinum ring with 10 diamonds and had it appraised at the local jeweler. He appraised it at $3,500. I put it on eBay with the appraisal sheet and got $3,500.
I will definitely have it appraised, just not sure if I should have it repaired first. Probably will, but I plan on selling it anyway so not sure if it would be worth it or not appraisal wise. I plan on bringing it to a gemologist/appraiser today or tomorrow. Thank you detector!
Very nice👍
Thanks man!
Awesome find, Congrats!
Thank you Jim!
Dang Jeff that’s a beauty! Congrat$
Appreciate it Jeff!
Congrats man, great hit!
Thanks bud!
Way to go Jeff !!!!! That's some real money you got there. :gettinmoney:
Thanks Ed, be interesting to see what the professionals have to say about it.
Epic find , beautiful bracelet ! Congrats 🤘🤘
Thank you!
Way before I ever metal detected, I sorta found a bracelet like this, after leaving a super market in Plano Texas. Plano has always been a high profile, yet this was on the east side. That did matter in the aftermath. Rich were on the west side.

I was leaving and going thru the checkout with a few things I was buying, and a young lady ahead of me was in a frantic, after she left the store and came back inside. She apparently found that she had lost a bracelet she'd just gotten recently. She was a basket case, frantic. I went thru the checkout, feeling sorry, and half way to my car, I saw another shopper stop rolling his cart, and bend down and hold a nice bracelet. I quickly told him the situation inside, he handed me the bracelet, and DANG!, that was so heavy in diamonds and gold. I asked the finder to wait, he should get the credit for being trusting to give me the bracelet.

When I took it inside, the young lady was still "so wired for sound" and talking to the personnel, she simply went quiet and stunned when I walked up and said, "I heard you before leaving about losing a bracelet, is this yours?" I asked her to come with me to meet the honest man who really found it, and she did, but still speechless. The finder did wait in his car but left without meeting us.

It was really a cosmic time, and cosmic isn't a term I ever remember finding a purpose to use cosmic. I've found the returns to people when they ask for help, now that metal detecting is my hobby, rewarding at that moment they can hold it in their hand again. My lady that day was so stunned, she hardly muttered any words at all after I brought it to her. It was like her world had just stopped. I will always remember that time back maybe 20 years ago. I will in no way ever know how much that bracelet was really worth but it was heavy and diamonds weren't chips.

But I want to say this. Finders keepers is fine. I don't know for sure how much work I'd do in finding the owner unless real details were inscribed. So many stories about people who hardly give a simple smile when gifted back. You never know.
If I was in the same position, it would absolutely be returned. I cant seem to find any info online about it being lost, and with no personal markings, it will make it even harder to find an owner. Still trying though, appreciate your reply Martin!
This is what THE KOB calls an EPIC find ! Eyeballs no less. From a kid to now , I may have found more valuable finds with my eyes than with my detector. Kinda odd when I think about it.
It is odd, the conditions were just right. It was more about being in the right place at the right time, lots of dog walkers and park users here, anyone could have stumbled upon it. Thanks KOB!
Good eagle eye find! How much does it weigh?

Thanks Jak! It weighs in just above 13 grams, I'd say maybe 1/4 of the weight is probably the diamonds :shock: it will be looked at in the next couple of days by a professional, will certainly keep this thread updated!

My wife has one just like that I bought her for our anniversary, the clasp was always opening, I had our jeweler make a better clasp for it so she wouldn't lose it. I bet that's what happened to the former owner of this one. Nice find for sure, congrats!

Jeff-sorry to here about your Pop buddy. It’s something we all have to prepare for but aren’t ever really prepared, ya know? I haven’t lost any yet but the reality is that the time is coming. To me, it just accentuates the idea of making time with our own kids count as much as possible, though that can also be tough to do all the time…
The bracelet? I can’t wait to see what the value is! Hopefully they are at least medium and maybe high grade diamonds and you make out like a bandit! Keep us posted, that’s a once in a lifetime find right there.

NICE. My wife has a very similar bracelet, and that's definitely retail, but you could easily get half of that if you sell it yourself.

Great find

Jeff, you sure do know how to make a big splash when you start posting after a quiet period ! Eyeball finds of value are always remembered even more than some dug finds for some reason.

If you’d had entered that bracelet in our Find of the Month competition at our MTHA July meeting last night, First place - JEWELRY and Best of Show would have easily been yours after the voting !

Congrats man. Keep those eyeballs tuned up !

Jim

My wife has one just like that I bought her for our anniversary, the clasp was always opening, I had our jeweler make a better clasp for it so she wouldn't lose it. I bet that's what happened to the former owner of this one. Nice find for sure, congrats!
Thank you! I had it looked at, apparently it was already repaired once, and it wasn't a quality repair. Now both spots are being repaired. Its amazing how small the links are, I can see how they break so easily.
Nice score Jeff :yes: Always nice to find the unexpected.

-Mike
Thanks Mike!
Jeff-sorry to here about your Pop buddy. It’s something we all have to prepare for but aren’t ever really prepared, ya know? I haven’t lost any yet but the reality is that the time is coming. To me, it just accentuates the idea of making time with our own kids count as much as possible, though that can also be tough to do all the time…
The bracelet? I can’t wait to see what the value is! Hopefully they are at least medium and maybe high grade diamonds and you make out like a bandit! Keep us posted, that’s a once in a lifetime find right there.
Thank you bud, I appreciate it! My father and I weren't all that close, that was his choice. Ended up flying down to Clearwater and taking care of all that a couple weeks back. 4th of July weekend actually. What a cluster F that was! The bracelet is currently being repaired and then appraised, definitely looking forward to the results! I will keep this thread updated for sure.
NICE. My wife has a very similar bracelet, and that's definitely retail, but you could easily get half of that if you sell it yourself.

Great find
Thanks alot! Will have the appraisal results in a couple weeks, looking forward to seeing it!
Jeff, you sure do know how to make a big splash when you start posting after a quiet period ! Eyeball finds of value are always remembered even more than some dug finds for some reason.

If you’d had entered that bracelet in our Find of the Month competition at our MTHA July meeting last night, First place - JEWELRY and Best of Show would have easily been yours after the voting !

Congrats man. Keep those eyeballs tuned up !

Jim

Thanks Jim! I hope to one day join the MTHA, but I have a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old girl, so evenings are usually dedicated to them. In the meantime the friendly forum is my club :lol: cant wait for October, good luck out there!

Good thing TP flagged his miss because I missed it too! Killer find.

Re: the ring you picture with the D. Could it be a Detroit Tigers symbol? It’s not quite perfect but pretty close...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7/31 UPDATE:
I brought the bracelet in for repairs and a full written appraisal yesterday. Should have the results in a couple weeks. Apparently it was already repaired once, and it isnt in the best condition, has alot of wear to it. 80$ bucks for the repair, and 125$ for the appraisal gotta spend money to make money I guess. I will update this thread when the results are in. Thanks everyone!

:holycow: I missed this thread also but am sure glad it was reposted .Congratulations on a find of a lifetime ! Awesome pictures and play by play ! Here's hoping you get a real nice piece of change ! :waytogo:

Congrats on the bracelet Cellr but $125 appraisal fee? That is a rip I thought my place was ripping me off charging $75... Makes sense though you being from Taxachusetts :lol:

Back
Top Bottom