Whatz_IT_1

Reddigo

Found these two whatzits about a mile apart on the same day. One has been through the electrolysis vat. There's what appears to be a decorative circle imprinted on the handle end. It has coarse threads and a tapered end. Possible eras from 1800 forward. Most likely 1880's to 1930's, either farm or domestic related, but that's just a wild guess.

Attachments

• Whatz_IT_1.jpg
    Whatz_IT_1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 423
The one on the left looks like it had threads like a lag bolt. Or is that my imagination?

There were normal doors with handles like that too, i think we had some French doors on an older property that had them

it has the same shape of some old parasol handles i have found as well.....but the material is wrong and too heavy for that and the size is a bit small

come on guys

you all know that is just tent stakes (maybe not but if it isnt a stake for the horses it is a tent stake they hobbled the horses the first thing a horse does when spooked is jerk his head up and doing so would pull that stake out of ground i would think ...so that might be why you found it they found out they now had to walk instead of ride......heheahahah

Back
Top Bottom