Ice ice baby!!! (Repair & Appraisal Complete! 8/19)

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, been awhile! My hunting has slowed way down compared to previous years, but I try to post the best of it. Today I hunted a park I've been to many times. I'm lucky to pull a wheat out of here nowadays, but it's an old spot, and I know all it takes is one signal. At first it was as slow as usual, then I found a small patch of relics and old coins. A flat button from the mid 1800's, a few wheats, a v nickel, plenty of older pop tops, etc... I started walking towards an area that was filled with water from all the rain we have been getting up here, and there were semi fresh tire marks in the mud. I could see a glint in the mud, so I reached down an pulled it out. Completely expecting costume jewelry, I unearthed this beautiful bracelet:
20210714_122608.jpg
I immediately checked the clasp, and sure enough, 14k. It's actually marked twice in two different spots. So I come home, clean it up, and grab the diamond tester. She screamed at me for sure! :cool3: I then start looking up the maker's stamp. EREV 14k. A quick google search shows it was made by Harold Freeman, a high end jewelry designer :yes: after a little more googling, we found a match (so we think) here's a brand new one for sale on another site:
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/bra...d-bracelet-14-karat-yellow-gold/id-j_6289311/
I realize that's probably retail, and I wont get anywhere near that, but if it's a match, we are talking close to 4 karats of diamonds :shock: there are 70 baguette cut diamonds and 14 round ones for a total of 84 diamonds :wow: by far my most valuable find, and one I will never forget. I plan on keeping it for now, I might get it appraised, not sure yet. The wife is certainly interested too :laughing: I'll keep this thread updated when I do decide what to do with it. Thanks for looking!

7/31 UPDATE:
I brought the bracelet in for repairs and a full written appraisal yesterday. Should have the results in a couple weeks. Apparently it was already repaired once, and it isnt in the best condition, has alot of wear to it. 80$ bucks for the repair, and 125$ for the appraisal :wow: gotta spend money to make money I guess. I will update this thread when the results are in. Thanks everyone!

8/19 UPDATE:
The results are in, and it's definitely alot better than I thought it would be. Just goes to show you, just getting out and keeping your eyes peeled can pay off sometimes. I don't plan on selling it anytime soon, I think a display of sorts is in the bracelets future. That's if I can keep it away from the wife long enough :lol: thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20210714_135810.jpg
    20210714_135810.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 983
  • 20210714_135819.jpg
    20210714_135819.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 982
  • 20210714_135839.jpg
    20210714_135839.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 974
  • 20210714_135856.jpg
    20210714_135856.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 959
  • 20210819_134327.jpg
    20210819_134327.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 20210819_145850.jpg
    20210819_145850.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
:wow2: I guarantee you somebody's heart stopped when they realized that they had lost that one. What a beautiful item you found happy hunting and stay safe.

Wow, cellr! That is an amazing find, it should count as a detecting find even though you eyeballed it, as you were out detecting! Congrats on a beautiful and valuable find!

And this is why all metal detectorists spend their life looking down at the ground! My habit of doing that in public annoys all my friends, but it does pay off once in awhile. Amazing find, Jeff!

Holy !!!!. Congratulations man.
Thanks!!
:wow2: I guarantee you somebody's heart stopped when they realized that they had lost that one. What a beautiful item you found happy hunting and stay safe.
I know I would be devastated to lose something like that. There is sports fields nearby, I would imagine that might have something to do with how it was lost. Thanks for the reply!
That’s pirate booty right there! Congrats on a super recovery!
Thank you!
Wow, cellr! That is an amazing find, it should count as a detecting find even though you eyeballed it, as you were out detecting! Congrats on a beautiful and valuable find!
Thanks LTS! It absolutely counts as a detecting find IMO. If I were not detecting, I'll guarantee I wouldnt have found it. Good luck out there!
Holy smokes!!! Congrats
Thanks!
Excuse me as I drool.
:laughing: I cant stop looking at it myself, very pretty bracelet.
Congratulations!
A find like that is what we all dream about.
Thank you! Lots of irony with this find, hard to explain it all in a couple sentences, but I lost my dad a couple weeks back to cancer. The maker if this bracelet looks to be based out of Largo, FL. Which is where I had to go to pick up my dad last week :wow: I actually passed his jewelery shop while I was down there unknowingly. Apparently he specializes in high end watches now. The day I found out he passed, I also found a 10K mens ring with an old English D on it. I may make a post about it all, because it's an interesting story IMO. Thanks for the comment, good luck out there!20210623_101235~3.jpg
Big congrats! :shock: That's awesome! :dingding::clapping::gettinmoney:
Thanks !!!
Amazing what people lose, and what "a glint in the mud" can reveal!

Congrats on the awesome eyeball find!
Thank you! I'll take it for sure!
And this is why all metal detectorists spend their life looking down at the ground! My habit of doing that in public annoys all my friends, but it does pay off once in awhile. Amazing find, Jeff!

Thanks Tim! All my friends growing up called me Hawkeye :laughing: if something was lost they always called me to look for it lol. Pure luck of a find, but it couldn't have been uncovered for long, I have been there recently and walked right by the area. The car rut was what exposed it, and the heavy rains helped as well. Good luck out there!

Awesome find! What do you think you will do with it? Something like that I would defiantly pay to have it fixed and display as a show piece.

Awesome find Jeff. Yeah you know the Mrs. will wind up with that. But thats ok, maybe she'll encourage you to hunt a little more often. Good luck, Mark

Certainly a Royal quality find! Royal Congrats!

A question, is it broken? KT sees the clasp still holding the end, so did it come apart along one of the link connectors? If so, it would be fun to take it into the maker's shop and ask them to repair it...for free! :laughing::laughing::laughing: If they are a quality shop, they will!:yes:

Killer find.

If you get it professionally appraised it will help to get a good price when selling. I found a platinum ring with 10 diamonds and had it appraised at the local jeweler. He appraised it at $3,500. I put it on eBay with the appraisal sheet and got $3,500.

Back
Top Bottom