S. Ca, Beach Hunters

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Looks like this Oil spill will effect your fresh drops , and the oil still continues to leak from this rig , not good !

Attachments

• P1010391.jpg
    P1010391.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 579
This really sucks as it affects the environment for a long time. A couple of friend's and I were in my boat fishing near the rigs last Thursday. There was an air show with the blue angels going on starting Friday but got canceled today. So much for tens of thousands of people dropping stuff.

My wife and I were at the air show on Friday and my sister went yesterday. It was a wonderful event and festive atmosphere in a scenic setting. I hope things aren't as bad as they seem. :(

This may end up as bad as in 1990 when the American Trader was in the same area discharging oil to an inland refinery punctured it's hull with it's own anchor as the tide went down. It was a mess for years as dead fish, birds and oil washed up onto the beach.

Here are 2 pics . Day before and today. News reports during the airshow , 1.5 MILLION people showed up before it was canceled today. Good for dry sand hunting , but nobody is in the water. Dead fish and birds are washing up already. I was lobster fishing on a pier further south for the season opener. This doesn't look good. Back in 1990s oil spill , that stuff lingered for years. Locals were employed for $25 an hour to assist in the clean up. We are accustomed to stepping on oil blobs out here when detecting. But this is bad.20211003_125020.jpg20211003_125059.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The leak is bad but could be worse, the leak is from platform Elly which is 9 miles offshore and not from Eva or Emmy which are only a couple of miles offshore. I've been listening to the radio traffic, it appears for now the slick is 15 miles offshore. KOB, how did you do hooping?

The leak is bad but could be worse, the leak is from platform Elly which is 9 miles offshore and not from Eva or Emmy which are only a couple of miles offshore. I've been listening to the radio traffic, it appears for now the slick is 15 miles offshore. KOB, how did you do hooping?
Kinda like my gold hunting , bad ! There was 1 guy about 40' from me using the same bait that got about 27 , but only 4 nice keepers. Many got 2 ,3 keepers. I only got 1 short that I had to toss back.Screenshot_20211003-145835_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The

Company that is liable for the leak , claim the pipe has been caped off , hope the clean up is fast , but I can see this going on fall to spring , guess you all have to go on road trips for a while ! Some internet feeds claim it has reached shore , doesn't look good , Guess we will get some picks from you all , be safe ! Estimated 126.000 gallons / 3000 barrels , Huntington Beach is bad .

Damn...go figure, I'm heading out there in a couple of weeks.

But, even worse is the damage done.
I know we have a planned hunt together but idk now. As of this morning they have closed the beaches from HB to Dana Point. This also includes Newport and Laguna. They also say this could last for weeks if not MONTHS. This will put added hunting pressure on San Diego and LA beaches. Which I travel all over anyways , but added time and gas is a pain. Dry sanders might be fine , but not the wet at night ! Tar blobs on your feet are 1 thing and oil up to my knees is another. I get back to my car and use WD40 and scrub pad the gunk off. Good luck cleaning your detector. Total nightmare. But besides the damage , the worst is breathing this stuff. It's not worth it.

I haven't been hunting like I used to the last 2 months because THE KOB sucks !🤣....so I decided to get back into lobster fishing ( another hobby I've done since a kid)....and then this happens. Maybe the So.Cal boys gotta relocate to the Goldfish Bowls on the East Coast till this gets cleaned up. Or I take up astronomy....

I know we have a planned hunt together but idk now. As of this morning they have closed the beaches from HB to Dana Point. This also includes Newport and Laguna. They also say this could last for weeks if not MONTHS. This will put added hunting pressure on San Diego and LA beaches. Which I travel all over anyways , but added time and gas is a pain. Dry sanders might be fine , but not the wet at night ! Tar blobs on your feet are 1 thing and oil up to my knees is another. I get back to my car and use WD40 and scrub pad the gunk off. Good luck cleaning your detector. Total nightmare. But besides the damage , the worst is breathing this stuff. It's not worth it.

I haven't been hunting like I used to the last 2 months because THE KOB sucks !🤣....so I decided to get back into lobster fishing ( another hobby I've done since a kid)....and then this happens. Maybe the So.Cal boys gotta relocate to the Goldfish Bowls on the East Coast till this gets cleaned up. Or I take up astronomy....

Dang....that's a HUGE swath of beach they closed. I'll have a car and can drive, but that won't help with the time (although I do tend to have a lead foot LOL) We'll see what happens, still a a bit of time.

Kob, there is a nasty rumor going around, that YOU are the cause of this oil leak. How could you have been so careless & evil ? :frustrated:

You guys should be good to hunt in the dry sand if that's what you were planning on doing. I was in Huntington and Sunset beach today. You can get to most of the beach just not in the water.

The SNEWs was saying that a container ships anchor caught the pipeline. Not good.

Sorry to see, as bad as the Red Tide here on the East Coast.

Hang in the Mr KOB! After chatting with a several West Coast hunters seems the last 5 years have sucked for most. The reason, New hunters, changing times and Ring Finders.com.. ..4 out of the 6 I've talked to went the pirate for hire direction... Maybe you should also.

Really I think all of us should plan a trip to Connecticut next spring...:yes:

I pray this never happens in the Great Lakes.

Everyone likes to talk about how expensive solar and wind power is. But they never factor in the dirty true cost of oil.

We have a ticking time bomb in the Great Lakes. It needs to be replaced yesterday.

keep that oil spill north sure don't need it south...
i will let all you dry sand monkeys fight for the treasure...
if i see you in dry sand in my area you will have to fight for the beach with a man named paul
who was beatin up by a homeless man in carlsbad this paul is a loser swings over peoples
items when they are there google it ...digs and throws his trash back and steals lost items reported ..

keep that oil spill north sure don't need it south...
i will let all you dry sand monkeys fight for the treasure...
if i see you in dry sand in my area you will have to fight for the beach with a man named paul
who was beatin up by a homeless man in carlsbad this paul is a loser swings over peoples
items when they are there google it ...digs and throws his trash back and steals lost items reported ..
Nothing will prepare you for the invasion of hunters down to O'side , CB , Moon and beyond.....by the bus loads.

Back
Top Bottom