• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What could possibly go wrong? (England)

Doug

Elite Member
These finds found over several weeks from grass and stubble fields.

The toy cannon was loaded with black powder and small stones, best guess too much powder.

No 'health and safety' in the toy world at this time.(AD1600-1800)

Thanks for looking.......Doug.

Just out of the ground.
cXX1Kbt.jpg

fdrWUsm.jpg

Lead tobacco glass jar lid top.
Dmpj9GH.jpg

Ship Half-penny
a0JJusD.jpg

TUieOV1.jpg

William 3rd AD1694-1702 lovetoken.
4h84WtQ.jpg

Not really sure, horse or furniture related?
jRuoqY3.jpg

Mixture of finds. Silver pocket watch back far right
i5C7DpU.jpg

Finds 2.
2ijjojp.jpg

Fruit tree metal labels.
eeQVNtR.jpg

Various coins. Hammered silver coin bottom left.
iU2AHkR.jpg

WW1 General Service button.
tYAfJBo.png

Last edited:
Neat little cannon! Reminds me of the thing Captain Kirk improvised to kill the lizard man in that one episode of Star Trek. You'd probably have a hard time getting that green lighted to sell to kids nowadays.

Congrats on a nice productive hunt.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Doug, I love to still-in-the-clod reveal poses. Those are like opening Christmas presents !

Doug..you find the most incredible stuff!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all once again.

This weeks finds have a "why is this find in the middle of a field question from me"..... all will be revealed........Doug.

Nice collection of coins and relics again, Doug. Always enjoy your posts! I just need something to catch the drool from getting on my screen! :lol:

I imagine that someone lost some digits from that cannon BOOM. Reminds me of the tennis ball cannons we made from soda cans and lighter fluid during childhood. Yep, just a wee bit more lighter fluid, and my tennis ball will go much further than yours!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!

Nice collection of coins and relics again, Doug. Always enjoy your posts! I just need something to catch the drool from getting on my screen! :lol:

I imagine that someone lost some digits from that cannon BOOM. Reminds me of the tennis ball cannons we made from soda cans and lighter fluid during childhood. Yep, just a wee bit more lighter fluid, and my tennis ball will go much further than yours!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!

Thank you.

No 'risk assessment' for toys in those days so what possibly could go wrong......;)

Back
Top Bottom