Dug a $675 dime this morning!

Congrats! It looks to be slightly better detail than the 1921 d that I dug and had graded. Mine came in at a vf, so yours should be a bit better of a grade if they don't smack ya with a cleaned or environmental damage.

Congrats! It looks to be slightly better detail than the 1921 d that I dug and had graded. Mine came in at a vf, so yours should be a bit better of a grade if they don't smack ya with a cleaned or environmental damage.
Thanks Tp! I'm thinking it's an EF-40 or 45 based on what I've seen others graded as. It wouldn't surprise me though if they hit me with a "cleaned" notation! I sure hope they don't though! I've got my fingers crossed [emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

They finalized the grade on it at NGC and it got an XF-45! I couldn't be more pleased! I thought for sure I was going to get dinged with a "cleaned" grade.
e5aee2cebfd105114081fb7121b306a8.jpg
34983e3f94033d7b1e5e4f8558bbd99c.jpg

Great find! You said you were going to send it in for grading. I was under the impression that any dug silver coin would come back with the "Environmental Damage" grading. Am I wrong in that assumption?
I got it back from grading and couldn't be more pleased! I think the only way you get a "cleaned" grade is if it has excessive hairline scratches on the silver coins and the "Environmental damage" usually only applies to more reactive coins such as pennies. I've seen some pretty crusty ones! Silver is a non-reactive metal so it tends not to get any Environmental Damage in the soil other than that dark Grey staining in some cases.
e7fd186bbf91794eb81a711bf883b3e7.jpg
b4e8f16cd4cd4c963c62b6b74a988992.jpg

They finalized the grade on it at NGC and it got an XF-45! I couldn't be more pleased! I thought for sure I was going to get dinged with a "cleaned" grade.
e5aee2cebfd105114081fb7121b306a8.jpg
34983e3f94033d7b1e5e4f8558bbd99c.jpg

That is great news! Can't argue with a 500-700$ coin!

Very nice and great grade, congrats!
Thanks amc! Funny thing is this is the 2nd nicest Merc I've ever dug as far as the condition and strike.....this one just happens to be by far the rarest one I've dug.

Thanks Tp! They said it is worth $725 based on the NGC price guide!

they also say mine is worth like 500....yet looking at sold offers and offers I have received on people who want to buy it... mine is worth more like 300-400. I never trust those listings.

they also say mine is worth like 500....yet looking at sold offers and offers I have received on people who want to buy it... mine is worth more like 300-400. I never trust those listings.
Yeah, I get what you mean. The market is kind of weird. There's always that one person out there that will really want it and pay what it's worth but you have to find that one person. Mine will never get sold though.....at least I hope my girls hold onto it many years from now when they inherit my treasures.

Yeah, I get what you mean. The market is kind of weird. There's always that one person out there that will really want it and pay what it's worth but you have to find that one person. Mine will never get sold though.....at least I hope my girls hold onto it many years from now when they inherit my treasures.

Same here, will not sell. Hopefully my daughter keeps it in the family!

Back
Top Bottom