Santeria Offering Leads to the Golds!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Since Thursday’s hunt had very few targets, I decided to go to Penny Beach today and see if my hand could handle lots of targets. My goal was 100 coins which normally is an easy feat for me to achieve here. My hand felt much better than Thursday and digging wasn’t as painful. The 1st unusual items that came up was a lead thing that I thought was some type of fishing weight – the “stick looking” one (was a snake). Then the mask came up along with the others and I knew it was a Santeria offering. Although I have found similar before, these were the 1st ones made up of lead. The heart came a bit later and I though would be 10K since it was tarnished a little and had some weight to it and I could discern some type of marking on the back. However, when I get home, it was marked “NR” which I look up and means “Not Real”. :roll: My 1st time with that hallmark. Then at about the 2.5 hour mark, of my 3 hour hunt, I get a very good “9” signal on Noxy and since I was away from the shore, and it was my only good sub 10 signal up to that point, I immediately entertained the possibility that it was going to be gold. The scoop came up and I peered in and :dingding:. There was no doubt in my mind it was good. :yes:

A few minutes after the gold eagle pendant a young man comes to see me to tell me his friend lost a very special ring in the dry sand and If I could go look for it. I HATE the dry sand on this particular beach due to its extreme trashiness. :blink: These young men were doing some of that “extreme boot camp type training” in the sand and near shore and it came off his hand. I was given about a 10’X50’ area to work. I went parallel to the shore very carefully back and forth. That’s where the Wheatie (only my 2nd one this year) and the little junk ring showed up. After I had covered the whole area, the owner’s friend said thanks, but it was OK. I told him to give me another 10 minutes. This time I went back to the beginning and went perpendicular to the shore. Right after I started, I got a good signal. I dug the scoop and kicked it and I could see the silver rim of a ring showing in the sand. :dingding: Some of the workout guys were on a break standing around and couldn’t believe it when I pulled it out of the sand. The owner of the ring Clay, came over and was very happy of course and said that ring was “special to him”. It was a beautiful white and yellow gold ring with the yellow having some type of design on it.

The eagle pendant was marked 10K and weighs in a very respectable 4.0 grs. The owner of that ring was very lucky I was there to be able to find his ring as that baby would probably have been lost for a few years as nobody I know hunts that dry sand there. A return and a keeper - great day in my book! :good:

Attachments

• 10-10-21.jpg
    10-10-21.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 643
  • 10-10-21 Eagle.jpg
    10-10-21 Eagle.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 645
  • 10-10-21 Return (1).jpg
    10-10-21 Return (1).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 636
  • 10-10-21 Return (2).jpg
    10-10-21 Return (2).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 633
  • 10-10-21 Fits!.jpg
    10-10-21 Fits!.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Another "MD'r to the rescue" story . Thanx for bringing us along. Good on you !

Love the Gold and nice job on the return. Some interesting targets on the right also..

Back
Top Bottom