ENDED Guess My Next Silver Coin!

1943-D United States Mercury Dime

Thanks for the neat contest, AirmetTango! :good: :cool3:

1943-D United States Mercury Dime

Thanks again for the contest, and congrats on the seated quarter! :good: :cool3:

We Have A Winner!!!

Just dug silver at a local park....and something a little more reasonable than a seated quarter this time! :lol: Not that I'm complaining...no offense, but I'd have been happy to start digging boat loads of reales and half-dimes and extend this contest for an eternity!! :D

I just got a hard shallow hit in the copper penny range, cut a shallow plug expecting a memorial, and ended up being surprised by a shallow Wheatie...but the real surprise was on rescanning the hole and realizing there was more!! And that's when I popped out a 1942 Merc, no mint mark!!

I'm still out hunting, and only did a quick look through the list, but it looks like Stiffwrists is our lucky winner!! I'll confirm later, and PM for shipping info! Congrats Stiffwrists...a fitting prize to celebrate your reaching 100 silvers earlier this week! :thumbs up:

I was sooo close! :lol: Congrats on the silver, and congrats to Stiffwrists on winning the contest! :woot:

BTW, thanks again for hosting the contest. :cool3:

Last edited:
Good guess, and congrats on the win, Stiff. Thanks for the contest, Airmet! Now you can go back to digging the 1800s stuff. :lol:

Oh my!!! You're not kidding!!! Not even an hour later, I dug this:

IMG_20191010_140628497_HDR_compress1.jpg

1894 Barber Quarter!! Could you imagine if I had dug that one first?? Nobody would've believed it! Heck, I can hardly believe it!! :lol: it sure would've been interesting to see how some of the guesses would have changed in the next round, though :laughing::laughing:

I had never dug a quarter older than a George Washington, now all of a sudden I've got a seated and a Barber within a week!! :shock:

Oh my!!! You're not kidding!!! Not even an hour later, I dug this:

View attachment 451383

1894 Barber Quarter!! Could you imagine if I had dug that one first?? Nobody would've believed it! Heck, I can hardly believe it!! :lol: it sure would've been interesting to see how some of the guesses would have changed in the next round, though :laughing::laughing:

I had never dug a quarter older than a George Washington, now all of a sudden I've got a seated and a Barber within a week!! :shock:

You should have a Contest more often then :laughing:

btw.. Thanks for the Contest.. It was fun

Congrats Stiffwrists !

Thanks to everyone who participated in my first contest! I’m glad you all enjoyed it, and I certainly had fun too!

Confirmed Stiffwrists has the winning guess, and sent him a PM. Here’s a closer pic of the winning coin - she isn’t the prettiest Merc I’ve found, but I never argue with silver!

Attachments

• 4552B0A8-D814-4069-9DB8-07609C593041.jpg
    4552B0A8-D814-4069-9DB8-07609C593041.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,550
You should have a Contest more often then :laughing:

btw.. Thanks for the Contest.. It was fun

Congrats Stiffwrists !

:lol::lol: Who knew...all I really needed to do was start giving stuff away to find crazy coins!! Next contest might need to be “Guess my first gold coin”!!!

Glad you enjoyed - I know I did too! Enough that I’m sure I’ll do some more contests in the future :yes:

Back
Top Bottom