Badger in Spain collected roman coins

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Some how this is not right. The badger spent who knows how much time digging and collecting his coins and the archies come along and take it away from him?

Tom how to they get away with this? Where are the animal rights proponents? They should be out protesting this injustice. Think how long it took the badger to collect his/her roman coins? Imagine if that was a detectorists who spent all the time necessary to find that many roman coins and how outraged the detectorist would be if the archies stole his finds.

I never knew badgers were in to collecting coins. I heard ravens and crows would collect the shiney.

By: Scripps NationalPosted at 11:19 AM, Jan 13, 2022 and last updated 2:56 PM, Jan 13, 2022
A badger is being credited with digging up a treasure trove of ancient Roman coins.

Archaeologists in Spain say the badger had hidden more than 200 coins dating from 2 to 400 A.D. in a cave in Asturias.

A man exploring the cave says he found a nest that the badger had dug with coins all around it.

Excavators were called in and recovered 209 coins, which are now being cleaned to be displayed.

The head of the project says the discovery sheds light on the fall of the Roman Empire and related migrations into northern Spain.

Archaeologists plan to excavate more at the site sometime this year.

Maxxkatt, pretty funny post . DURNED THEM EVIL BADGERS AFTER ALL ! :laughing:

The badger would have never got caught - but he asked for permission to collect coins from a nearby park. Alerted the archies to his shenanigans! ...

Yup ! Durned those badgers, that don't know how to be a little frickin' discreet. That waltz around swatting hornet's nests, eh ? :cool3:

We have a new name for people who ask cities and counties for if it is ok to hunt where it is already ok to hunt, "badgers".

They need to arrest and collect fines from the animal for"disturbing the turf" ! Wait no the animal rights come in to play here?

He is working alot. I am on a group text with him and a couple other guys that hunt

I bet the badger was using a Nokta Makro Mini -Hoard detector.

Yup ! Durned those badgers, that don't know how to be a little frickin' discreet. That waltz around swatting hornet's nests, eh ? :cool3:

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Badger!

Attachments

• Badge.jpg
    Badge.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 73
Good to hear, thanks!

He is working alot. I am on a group text with him and a couple other guys that hunt

Anyone know where mud-puppy is located these days. Hope all is ok, he was a classic on this forum.

Sturrat, tell puppy-mud "hi". There was never anyone that could touch his creative writing skills. Like John Steinbeck, Steven King, Dave Barry, etc.... He could have anyone rolling in the aisles, or shedding a tear, and drawn into a idea of thoughts, like-no-other.

Back
Top Bottom