Going to be Tough for Me to Top This Ring in 2022!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had been looking forward the entire week to get back out in the water. The surf was rough and starting Friday it was going to be good. I was out in the water at 10am for the about 12:45pm low tide. I got the heart silver ring at about the 45-minute mark into the hunt and another one came a=bout 30 minutes after that. Erosion conditions were OK until I got to my turn around point at about 2 hours into the hunt. A normally rocky patch was EXTRA rocky and the greenies started coming! I worked that are over for 2 hours with the gold-plated sliver ring coming when I went up in the wet sand for a few minutes. (I can’t tell you how difficult the digging was doing the “pirate ballet” on the scoop. Climbing on top spinning the scoop from side to side trying to get some traction in the water within the rocks to dig targets up). After tons of greenies in that area, the gold didn’t come, and I was way over my time to start heading back. (90% of all my coins came during this part of the hunt). As I was heading back, and just outside the area I had just worked, I get a signal. I dig and look in the scoop…*:dingding:. I could not believe the amount of piercing and shiny diamonds looking at my face! I took a quick glance and put it away since there were many beach goers around. I would take that ring back out about 4 times on my way back to examine it. I could barely discern some writing, but the weight was good, and it looked good. :yes:

Back at my truck, I get my new jeweler’s loupe which I keep there now, and I look over all the rings. The gold ring is marked “Ana M” and “14K” on the inside and all the other rings are marked “925” – except the heart one but that still acid tested for silver back at home. I look up the gold ring and it’s some designer named Ana Madelyn “Ana M” and that ring retailed for close to $3,000 so I should do well selling it one day. (The diamonds test good of course). I got a very nice clad amount and 100 coins which is awesome on a water hunt! So far 2022 has been good to me! :good:

Attachments

• 1-15-22.jpg
    1-15-22.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 358
  • 1-15-22 Gold.jpg
    1-15-22 Gold.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 1-15-22 Rings.jpg
    1-15-22 Rings.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 337
  • 1-15-22 Foreign.jpg
    1-15-22 Foreign.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 1-15-22 Fits.jpg
    1-15-22 Fits.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 355
I asked Felix on FB if he acid tested it... its ugly inside rhodium plating wearing off... if the diamonds weren't real I was going to tell him it was a gumball machine ring :lol: Stick in a quarter turn the crank :yes:

NICE one man, what a hit!
Glad you're finding the good patches, I know exactly the type of bottom you are talking about and just can't seem to find it here lately...

Stunning Felix! Any idea on the retail?
Craig sent me a picture of a similar ring from the actual website an it was around $5,000. This is a similar one on a resale website that I had found and will probably be closer to what I'll be able to sell it for. I am estimating I should be able to get anywhere in the $2-2,500 range. I believe that baby was not a fresh droop and had been lost for some years. There was a green ball at the bottom of the ring which turned out to be a weld that corroded and one of the rings came apart when I put on the ring. It was very close to the rocky area I hammered hard and found the 2 whitest lead sinkers I have ever gotten. It'll be going to my jeweler one day to repair and re-plate. I know the weld won't cost me much but I don't know what he'll charge me for the re-plating. I'm expecting everything for around $50-100 which makes it well worth refurbishing the ring.

Attachments

• 20220115_195056.jpg
    20220115_195056.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 20220115_175709.jpg
    20220115_175709.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Craig sent me a picture of a similar ring from the actual website an it was around $5,000. This is a similar one on a resale website that I had found and will probably be closer to what I'll be able to sell it for. I am estimating I should be able to get anywhere in the $2-2,500 range. I believe that baby was not a fresh droop and had been lost for some years. There was a green ball at the bottom of the ring which turned out to be a weld that corroded and one of the rings came apart when I put on the ring. It was very close to the rocky area I hammered hard and found the 2 whitest lead sinkers I have ever gotten. It'll be going to me jeweler one day to repair and re-plate. I know the weld won't cost me much but I don't know what he'll charge me for the re-plating. I'm expecting everything for around $50-100 which makes it well worth refurbishing the ring.

Yeah.. I didn't look for yellow gold, I figured you could do that :yes: I just typed in what you posted and it came up...

Back
Top Bottom