Got My Own Birthday Present – On the Board for 2022!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I really wanted to follow up on a lost ring tip I got recently so I went out yesterday, in what was supposed to be the better of the days this weekend, as far as the surf. When I got to the beach the wind was blowing but I still decided to make a go of it. I was pounded for most of the 3 hours that I hunted with Merlin and had few targets.

Today the surf was even rougher, but I decided I would take Noxy out for a wet sand spin anyway since it was my birthday. I’d gotten the new arm cuff from Owl Engineering (“Chuck”) this week and had put it on Noxy. (VERY NICE BTW!) I hunted for just over 3 hours with the first part being the lower end of the wet sand since low tide would end at a little after 8am. That’s where the silver earring came. Not expecting any gold, I was content with that and on the way back I worked the upper part of the wet sand. The surf was coming in and already starting to reach the upper slope. After I dug a green quarter, and then a dime, I get a “19” signal on the Nox. Immediately I thought a penny or maybe even a sinker since I had gotten a few. On the 2nd scoop dug I fiddle around with the sand and lift with the scoop the little pile the target should be in. I look inside and :dingding:. I noticed the ring had an overall copper tone to it so I thought it might be junk. :?: However the ring had some weight to it. :ehh: I then go to the shoreline and pick up a handful of some nice find sand and start rubbing the ring and it starts turning the usual yellow. I look inside and I see some inscriptions I can’t make out so now I was certain it was good! :aok: In the car I get my new jeweler’s loupe that I plan on keeping in the truck and I see “TO *** WITH LOVE”, a date of “6/10/2010” and “14K”. At home, I weigh the ring and it comes in at 6.3 grs. On the board for 2022! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1-9-22.jpg
    1-9-22.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 694
  • 1-9-22 Ring.jpg
    1-9-22 Ring.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 695
  • 1-9-22 Fits.jpg
    1-9-22 Fits.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:
That is a nice ring Felix... Happy Birthday... I tried posting on your time line but you must have me blocked :laughing:

Felix you are just a gold ring ANIMAL!! UNBELIEVABLE:shock::shock: I guess it's all because you're in Miami.
:lol: Thanks! I know that I am in a location that helps produce results, and for that I am a grateful pirate. The weather was generally miserable today and the surf was rough. So I opted for a wet sand hunt "for the love of the game". There are a lot of guys that won't bother getting off the couch when conditions are like this.

Every since you did all of the Karma stuff.. Maybe Craig and I should do something nice for some one..I've yet to get 2022 :( gold..

:lol:

Every since you did all of the Karma stuff.. Maybe Craig and I should do something nice for some one..I've yet to get 2022 :( gold..

:lol:

No thanks... I don't want to be nice :lol:

At least you have hunted I haven't hunted since my last thread... winter set in at least I have made some good money plowing...

Back
Top Bottom