Cable maintenance

snorkel

Does anyone have any recommendations to maintain coil & headphone wires on an Excaliber to keep them in good order - prevent dry rot, cracking, breaking, etc?Anything topical to apply to keep lines in good shape?

Welcome to the Forum. There's a few spays that have been motioned her over the years. I am sure a quick search will provide you the info you need.

Keep wire and detector clean, mild soap rinse well and dry after every use especially if used in salt water. Do not store them in a plastic bag, in very high temperature environment or use any petroleum product on the wires. I have never put any treatment on my detector's wires. That being said I have only had one coil wire crack and leak water into the cable on an older model Excalibur. Treat your gear well and it will serve you well.

Trident food grade silicone spray for dive equipment is what I use. I asked minelab what they thought and was told to take a warm shower or bath with the machine. Warm water dissolves the salt better.

I asked minelab what they thought and was told to take a warm shower or bath with the machine. Warm water dissolves the salt better.
I think Minelab told Earl (Surf Master) that if he slept at night in the same bed with his machines it would increase his gold finds. It didn't seem to work. :laughing:

I think Minelab told Earl (Surf Master) that if he slept at night in the same bed with his machines it would increase his gold finds. It didn't seem to work. :laughing:

Is that anyway to start off the new year? ;) I use the same stuff... the bottle doesn't say it will increase gold finds... they said hunting ground down area's would... why its on the bottle beyond me... :lol:

Trident food grade silicone spray for dive equipment is what I use. I asked minelab what they thought and was told to take a warm shower or bath with the machine. Warm water dissolves the salt better.

Minelab

Attachments

• 3933193C-C709-4E78-958E-4D9341C0620D.jpg
    3933193C-C709-4E78-958E-4D9341C0620D.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 228

I've used Trident and McNett both work great and Now I use the 303. i rarely wash my machines but do keep the stock cables well lubed. I also rebuilt my excaliburs about every two years because I don't wash them, most only need the knob shaft O-rings replaced, which is very easy.

My machine got water in it from showering it off and ruined the pod. So, there is that.

My machine got water in it from showering it off and ruined the pod. So, there is that.

That is because you didn't pamper it... my beach machines take a shower with me and then I wrap it in a nice bath towel then move it to its place where it resides... :lol:

303 is excellent. I also use a food grade fluid flow. I used it on the underside of my keep on all the rubber…. If you store it long this is great stuff.

That is because you didn't pamper it... my beach machines take a shower with me and then I wrap it in a nice bath towel then move it to its place where it resides... :lol:

Just wondering Craig, do you light scented candles and play soft music while showering with your machines?!? ;):p:lol::laughing::lol:

You kiss it first thing in the morning, and then the wife.
Keep your priorities strait man!!!
You better make sure the wife doesn't see you kissing it! You know how jealous women can get!! :lol:
Just wondering Craig, do you light scented candles and play soft music while showering with your machines?!? ;):p:lol::laughing::lol:
Sounds just like the Craig I know! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom