• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finds pouch

cmason122

What is everyone using for a finds pouch. I'm in need of one and there are many to choose from. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I use a old carpenters leather nail poach. I started with one I got in the package with my detector. That worked ok but it wore out quickly. Good luck in the new year.

I use an old trap shooter pouch. I put good finds in one pocket and trash in the other, till I find somewhere to throw it out.

for the longest time I used a cloth carpenters pouch they can be purchased at home depot or lowes for a couple bucks, then i switched to a fly fisherman's vest which I still use today they have many pockets for putting finds in, still use the original one i started out with but it has become pretty worn so I have ordered a new one on amazon they are like $40 for a decent one I also use a fanny pack type bag for putting trash in it has worked great for me I am also purchasing a new fanny pack style bag for trash finds because the original one of those started with is pretty wore out also the fly fishing vest has D rings to attach a lanyard for the pin pointer to and I sowed my pin pointer holster to the vest the only thing I will add to my new vest is one of those retractable lanyards this time

I have looked at the Relic elite and really like the looks of it also the pack mule, I like the Relic elite bag more because of the mesh bottom rater than the holes in the bottom of the pack mule they both look like great bags though, but I am so set in my ways it is hard to change to something else

here is the fly fishing vest I ordered

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CT2638G/ref

Last edited:

I have this one and generally like it. Just a note, on mine the stitching was sewn too close to the edge and unraveled which allowed the pinpointer holster to swing away and could result in a lost PP.

I had another holster so I riveted it in place of the OEM one. I am sure the seller would have fixed it but I like the pouch and had a spare anyway. The pouch seller really beefs up that area, but you might want to check the stitching on yours. HH

I’m using the Digger Supply Pack Mule. Very well made and lots of room.

https://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/digger-supply-treasure-pouches.html
I use the same pouch and really like it. My only major gripe is the drain holes (grommets) in the main compartment. I want full control over when dirt escapes the pouch in order to minimize the mess when doing things like putting the pouch inside my truck. I sealed the grommets with hot melt glue over a year ago and now I think the pouch is nearly perfect.

I also have the Whites pouch mentioned earlier. I hate that thing because the bottom is mesh.

The Garrett pouch is ok (for a while), but is a bit small for relic hunting. I don't like the flimsy belt, so I modified mine by cutting off the belt and using it to make belt loops for hanging from a more rigid duty belt. Unfortunately the material and construction of the Garrett pouch is just not up to the task for long-term relic hunting use. I have been through two of them.

In cooler climes I like to use a photo journalist's vest. Lots of pockets, some bigger and/or zippered to accommodate smaller digging/pruning tools and stuff. In warmer climes I may use a backpack pocket, fanny pack or zippered canvas pencil pouch. I keep a burlap sample pouch around to kneel on and catch scrap metal.

I just got a new finds pouch for Christmas. Liking it very much so far.
"Gray Ghost Ultimate"

Attachments

• 20220102_083603.jpg
    20220102_083603.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 278
I’m using the Digger Supply Pack Mule. Very well made and lots of room.

https://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/digger-supply-treasure-pouches.html

Perfect. Thanx guys ! Those both look excellent, because they have the top mouth part that stays-open. Versus trying to use a nail-apron (or similar) where you have to keep fishing your fingers in there, to spread apart the opening, to put targets in. I much prefer the type with the wide-mouth.

I was looking to replace mine. thanx for the links !

Back
Top Bottom