Deus 2 on the beach?

The more I read on here the more I think my "Dynamic Duo" of the Nox and Excal are still the way to go for me. :yes:

From my understanding of the wire, the wireless coil either hardwired to the control box or just closer to the wireless headphones to receive their proprietary sound wave. I have not seen any examples of anyone using it yet.

Calabash has a video diving in 20 feet of fresh water. The bone conduction headphones and wired to the box. Not sure how it would do going in and out of the surf.

earl, your killing me..

Funny, I go over to Steves forum..I'm... O'man I am liking this deus 2 thing..

I come over to friendly and I'm.. Hell no a ain't going thru this ..all those batteries and wireless things..:lol:

It's like a tug of war...:facepalm:

I come over to friendly and I'm.. Hell no a ain't going thru this ..all those batteries and wireless things..:lol:

😂😂😂x2. I think the serious hardcore guys are gonna chew them up. What saves it is the 5 year warranty. Then you got the return down time. But then they might say it's not covered for " not normal wear and tear. Ouch !!!

😂😂😂x2. I think the serious hardcore guys are gonna chew them up. What saves it is the 5 year warranty. Then you got the return down time. But then they might say it's not covered for " not normal wear and tear. Ouch !!!

I don't think the original deus had any reliability issues. Even if it dies after 5 years, are you saying you can't find $1500 in gold over 5 years?

From my understanding of the wire, the wireless coil either hardwired to the control box or just closer to the wireless headphones to receive their proprietary sound wave. I have not seen any examples of anyone using it yet.

The coil is a sealed unit, the antenna clips on and runs up to the control box and clips into it so that the wireless signal is brought right up against the control box internal antenna. It's not "waterproof" per say.

The bone conductors are screwed into the back of the control box. it's rated to 20m depth so it's a well built unit. I don't like the lack of a coiled cable on the headphones, but that's a minor gripe as you can add strain relief with a velcrostrap

Over here you have to wear your big boy pants... over there you can wear your shorts and black socks pulled up to your knees and no one will question it :laughing:

OBN /Cfm-ct

Joe bring me one of those AQs down , Ill let you take the Deus home to get used to charging everything up :lol: , If you like it , ill even trade :yes: , Craig chatter on the Nox will only exist if you run high sensitivity , I run mine 25 , sometimes 23 , only around 20 near condo's with emi , up their I am sure your not running Max , that is why you don't get chatter ;)

Joe bring me one of those AQs down , Ill let you take the Deus home to get used to charging everything up :lol: , If you like it , ill even trade :yes: , Craig chatter on the Nox will only exist if you run high sensitivity , I run mine 25 , sometimes 23 , only around 20 near condo's with emi , up their I am sure your not running Max , that is why you don't get chatter ;)

You need more than a detector... you need to find spots that are not replenished sand the AQ will not be your answer... its not a miracle detector if it was it would be in production... you should have kept your Dual Field at least it worked...

I just made a final price drop on a brand new Fisher AQ, with both coils, Nimh and OBN batteries and chargers for $1,300 shipped in lower 48. PP F&F. Will go to Ebay next.:mder:

Bill

That is a great deal for someone's shower display case or bed. You should be able to off it.

I like a good blind of info when thinking about the purchase of a new detector. People when they first get started don’t want to here anything… I won’t say negative… I’ll say they don’t like questions. Lot of those questions come from experienced people. Now days more that before we get a ton of design info before they hit the streets. So IMO designers need to adapt and listen…. Make some changes now rather than later.

It could be obsolete by then... detectors are becoming obsolete with every new detector that hits the market. :roll:

Oh no!

I am looking forward to using it out of the water though. You can leave the control box at home and just use the headphones with the coil, it weighs 800grams, crazy light.

Now I just need one of those super light titanium scoops, I heard the KOB was the guy to talk to about them?

Oh no!

I am looking forward to using it out of the water though. You can leave the control box at home and just use the headphones with the coil, it weighs 800grams, crazy light.

Now I just need one of those super light titanium scoops, I heard the KOB was the guy to talk to about them?

I sent you a message...

That was cool hunt video. No comparisons because any detector would find those. I remember those days of fist pumping your buddies on junk jewelry. The almighty Calah is using a great scoop though ! He may get addicted to beach hunting yet......

I'm going to suggest a road trip for CB to Connecticut where all the gold is...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom