Treasure Coast Bound!

Love the Treasure Coast! We might run into each other in March... even if I don't find anything, I get sun, exercise, collect shells and do some painting how could that be bad?
Good luck!

All this trailer talk reminds me of my time in a single wide tear down trailer in the mid 80s. It was $300 a month , utilities included. The park is still there today , known as Treasure Island in Laguna Beach. Right across from the Montage resort , a stones throw from the beach. Memories...

Was that the Cars cartoon where the old pickup truck said he was happier than a tornado in a trailer park. Yeah, stay away from trailers if you can help it. Charlie, Wilma, and Irma taught me a thing or two. If it's over cat 2...RUN!!!
If you want an example, drive a convertible at 140mph and stand up in the seat. :P

A Florida divorce and a hurricane have one thing in common. In both of them someone is going to lose a house trailer. My doublewide is very comfortable for the winter. Fun to watch the national weather report and see the snow pile up in Michigan.

I'm in a block home with metal roof, and when Irma went over us it just dropped from a 3 to a 2. We were in the dirty part...the NE wall. I was wishing we were somewhere else. No damage to the roof but it ripped one of my window shutters off with 5/8 anchors right out of the block wall and sent it across the yard and laid down a large oak tree. Twisted cabbage palm heads off the trees and sent them flying. I now have better aluminum shutters with many anchors, but if it's a 3 or more, we are still leaving and come back afterwards. Hurricanes don't play!

I owned a 30 foot Pearson and later a 30 foot Morgan sail boat. My plan was to retire in Florida. then one year when I think 5 or more hurricanes hit Florida and the insurance rates for boats went thru the ceiling, and I changed my plans.

Getting closer. Packing and discarding. Heading to the Port St Lucie area. CTX 3030 is my choice for a new detector, love the where's Waldo screen idea! And a quality scoop. I'll have to have the 17" coil too. After selling my house funds are not an issue. Going to drive my street rod down there, stop in Atlanta and look at a Mercedes I've had my eye on. Going to sell the street rod pronto (no a/c). I want a trailer in a well kept senior park so I'll get a Florida room for my 3 cats. I have no desire for a brick and mortar home and never a high rise. I'm literally counting the days.

Sounds like you have a plan. Definitely want A/C in your car down here. Check out Melbourne Beach Mobile Park. A little further north than you're talking, but a great location.

Since no-one else mentioned the motorcycle, look at a Yamaha TW200. About as old school as you can get. It will do 55 MPH, and if you install a Cycleracks rear rack, you can haul a bunch of gear along. It will go just about anywhere and is light enough to carry on a rack on the back of a vehicle or a camper/trailer. Add to all this a low seat height, allowing almost anyone to ride it. I have two, and wouldn't trade either one for any other vehicle. Probably this greatest obstacle is finding one as the pandemic carries on.

JP

Getting closer. Packing and discarding. Heading to the Port St Lucie area. CTX 3030 is my choice for a new detector, love the where's Waldo screen idea! And a quality scoop. I'll have to have the 17" coil too. After selling my house funds are not an issue. Going to drive my street rod down there, stop in Atlanta and look at a Mercedes I've had my eye on. Going to sell the street rod pronto (no a/c). I want a trailer in a well kept senior park so I'll get a Florida room for my 3 cats. I have no desire for a brick and mortar home and never a high rise. I'm literally counting the days.

Any extra room in your car ? want to adopt a friend ??

Good for you, congrats!!! When I retire, I might go south a little, definitely not that far though. I like Florida, I dont like oppressive heat though. I can deal with the cold, just add layers. You can only take off so much in the heat though :laughing: enjoy, and please post pictures of all your gold! :cool3: :tropical:

All this trailer talk reminds me of my time in a single wide tear down trailer in the mid 80s. It was $300 a month , utilities included. The park is still there today , known as Treasure Island in Laguna Beach. Right across from the Montage resort , a stones throw from the beach. Memories...

James Rockford lived in a singlewide on the beach. Great Show!

My parents retired in Fla back in the late 70's in a very nice doublewide mobile home community. They are pretty good communities. My parents loved living down in Naples. Only upkeep was a small patch of st augustine grass that my dad could mow in 10 minutes. You will be living with a lot of nice retire people, many of them from up north and maybe even some from your areas.

I know you and your cats will love it. Well earned retirement. Time to enjoy!
I am happy for you!

Back
Top Bottom