The Excalibur on small gold...

I hope you didn't include me in that tirade :D I have the pulse mentality... dig it all... I don't cherry pick of you look at OBN's title he has been a cherry picker a long time.. I used to give him a hard time about it when over at Findmall :lol:

The scares are still with me from all of the abuse..:duck:

Attachments

• 14687.jpg
    14687.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 137
I once got ready to meet up with a guy, in a certain park in CA, that was known for still having some deep silver (for those with good ears).

As we set up the appointment date to meet, we began to discuss our planned strategies. And when he found out that my style in turf is to pass shallow stuff, HE WAS AGHAST ! Because in his mind's eyes :

1) the clad adds up after awhile. So it's foolish to pass it.

2) Sometimes an old coin might be shallow. Ie.: "Ya never know"

3) perhaps the clad is masking something older/deeper underneath it.

Then things got worse when he found out that I cherry pick, and don't dig foil, nickels, etc... when doing junky urban parks. AGAIN he was aghast ! Saying : "But you might miss a gold ring !!??"

We met, and spent an entire morning hunting. The results were predictable :

Me: a couple of silver dimes, 10 or 12 early green wheaties, and maybe 4 or 5 clad that fooled me.

Him: 50 clad (rotten zinc, etc...) no silver coins, and *maybe* one wheatie.

He simply couldn't understand why he wasn't finding oldies in the same amount of time. He figured : "Gee, I'm 'digging everything', so technically, I should have the best of all worlds", eh? But it never ends up working that way in the end. :roll:

(If I'm ghost-townsy relic-hunting ? Sure: My strategy would be different)

This works in a park because you don't have the effect of sand movement and you're chasing high conductors.
On the beach chasing gold though, gold can make any sound

A friend sent me a link to another forum where I read this line in a post:

"You guys have been walking over SMALL gold for years with the modded Excalls..."

He is so wrong... those of us who have mastered our detectors will continue to find gold no matter what detector we use... new technology is not going to make older technology obsolete.

I will cut him some slack because he is not a saltwater beach hunter...

Here is a picture of some of the small gold the Excalibur finds just fine... the seated half dime is for size comparison...

No not what people are talking about. Really talking about finding smaller than dime size objects.

As you posted, the Excal/Sov. does ok with those targets. With dime size and less whether holed or solid there is no comparison. The Equinox will stomp the Excal/Sov.

I hate to tell you this but you act just like him.
That is why you two can't get along.

Unless you post a play by play I have no interest in watching it... I didn't watch the one he mentioned me I was told about it... I could care less what he thinks.. I know what works for me and will continue to do so...

No not what people are talking about. Really talking about finding smaller than dime size objects.

As you posted, the Excal/Sov. does ok with those targets. With dime size and less whether holed or solid there is no comparison. The Equinox will stomp the Excal/Sov.

I find my fair share of gold... I will continue to use my choice in detectors I don't care what others think is best I go with my choice of detector...

The NOX does not stomp the Excal in my part of the world... its not as deep as my Excal I own them both and I like them both...

1st time I think I've seen someone use an xcal in a dirt test. Do guys hunt with those in parks , fields , etc ? Hmmmm .....Is this why Calabash is selling his xcal and Nox ? Because they don't work in dirt or his test bed ? Is he going to become a hardcore beachhunter ?

I find my fair share of gold... I will continue to use my choice in detectors I don't care what others think is best I go with my choice of detector...

The NOX does not stomp the Excal in my part of the world... its not as deep as my Excal I own them both and I like them both...

You will find your share of gold. In my beach world, the Nox stomps the Excal on small gold. But hey, I only ran that platform for over 20 years. Just want to straighten misinformation.

It is not a thrill for me to find "small gold" But numbers and actual detection do not lie.

You will find your share of gold. In my beach world, the Nox stomps the Excal on small gold. But hey, I only ran that platform for over 20 years. Just want to straighten misinformation.

Fine with me... less excals out there better for me...

Still up to my neck in Covid patients unfortunately.
Hoping the next few months ends a long 2 years of this BS.
Looking forward to hunting this summer and posting my finds.
You all stay healthy!

You all stay healthy!

I figured as much... stay safe Mike...

I hate to tell you this but you act just like him.
That is why you two can't get along.

I am like him? I am nothing like him... Don't get me wrong I respect him taking the time to do reviews on these detectors but he could do it without his opinions... calling other detectors junk or obsolete that is just ignorant..

One detector is not going to obsolete another detector that has abilities... I enjoy hunting with my OBN Excal.. I also enjoy hunting with my Nox... I could easily use my Excal in the rocks but I would be wearing out my fingers pushing that PP switch on and off...

Its not just a detector that is finding the target it seeks it is the person behind the detector and its the person who puts that detector in the right spots...

If a person doesn't know what they are doing at the beach then no detector will help them...

Prayers

You all stay healthy!

I'm so sorry to hear that :no: :(
You are in my prayers and my thoughts. Hope you feel better soon.
Good luck and best of luck :cool3:

If god had a detector, it would be an equinox. Enough of this Excal blasphemy!

Actually my smallest gold rings were found with my old modded excal. I don’t miss that machine though. Well, my shoulder doesn’t anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig every target that gives me a peep... but that is my thing... I also don't want to leave targets for the next guy.. I want him to hear nothing and give up and go someplace else...

I also like the relics just as much as the yellow... I love the cannonball I found as well as the two colonial coins I have found from the 1700's...

I wouldn't mind trying the Deus 2 but only after someone like Carter takes it for a few hunts... I'm not jumping on any bandwagon...

Well,
I don’t see your logic here..
Btw, calabash when he found the gold chain and ring, he was passing on high conductors. His friend using Deus 2 wasn’t.
Follow me here.
Why would you if you had good IDing detector want to dig copper Penney’s, quarters and dimes.
Instead look for targets in gold range using deus 2.
Leaving the high conductors (the sucker’s) targets i’ll Call them.
Yeah leave for the suckers. So they will WASTE their time digging them giving them less time to actually sweep over a target that is infact a gold ring.
Make sense.
You assume a person not finding targets will go home. Maybe they will keep sweeping and bingo they hit a gold ring.

So save your time sweeping for gold range targets. And let the suckers waste their time digging clad.

Back
Top Bottom