Cable maintenance

No No No, You guys have it wrong. You have to take a long hot shower with the machine. No need for soap.Maybe turn the lights low. When dry gently rub the machine with silicone oil. This will not only moisturize but serve to put the machine in good spirits giving it the will to perform well for its master. :laughing:
seriously though, Warm water makes sense as it does dissolve the salt better than cold. Per the web, Energy from hot water molecules makes solids more soluble. In hot water, molecules are moving around more, so there are more collisions between the water molecules and a solid. ... Most solids, including sugar and salt, become more soluble with increasing temperature

Spare bed

Was cleaned off , I had company :p , Felix you must be a Gemini , 2 sided :hornetsnest::jawdrop: been to nice to you lately , forcast --- your going to see 2 Craigs and the Ram of Aries , be careful :frustrated::nono::pirate2::impatient::police:

I have tried several recommended sprays. 303 is probably not good as its function is UV protection only McNett silicone spray seems to be OK and I have had no problem with it. I think it is not needed either......

I will give you my best advice! Use nothing other than gentle cleaning with mild detergent and water. Wash your cables in the shower with mild dish liquid or something similar using a soft brush, sponge or your hands...or wash them off at the beach if you can like a good fishing rod and reel then again at home under the hose. UV is not a problem since most of us using Excals are in the water.

Use a fast charger and ready your machines the night before hunt but never on charge constantly. I had a Soverign GT and my coil was treated with 303. I even posted about how it might be good at one time here on FDMF. The coil cable cracked and I believe the 303 caused it. A reaction to the silicone coil cable. Be very very careful of using anything other than water or dish liquid on your cables.

Cfm-ct / Imalookin2

my beach machines take a shower with me and then I wrap it in a nice bath towel then move it to its place where it resides...
Excalibur1000 Do you ask permission from your wife , before showering with your detector's :?: :lol: PS Imalookin 303 & GT , The GTs are old , the life of the cable was most likely done by the time you treated it , as I had GT & Excalibur coil cables dry rot , Joe can tell you , they don't last forever , age is a factor , lube just pro- longs the life !

Back
Top Bottom