Most serious hunters?

How about a new dimension?

I like mine 6 inches behind my cuff , I noticed CW3 likes his head starting directly after the cuff , in your pick your cuff is centered in the middle , so what I suggest is just make different size plug in and snap tubes on the end as to customer requests . PS post #31 3rd pick what is the lenth of the metal fiting on your lower rod from the lock in button to the end of the metal , is it at least 4 inches ?

From the center of the cuff to the center of the detector

Thanks
Chuck

PS I made a number of proto-types weeks ago but now l want to nail the dimension that is most likely to be what users want.

Extension for Excalibur Power Handle

This option is 5.6" from center of the cuff to center of the detector.

This seems to be a reasonable distance for most applications/hunters.

The design allows the extension to be removed (2 screws which cannot be seen here) so the handle will fit most large suit cases.

Chuck

Attachments

• PH 7 extension image 2.jpg
    PH 7 extension image 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 195
NO

6 INCHES from the rear of the cuff , not the center , that would only add 3 inches , blow up my Excalibur 1000 CF picture , 6 inches from the back of the cuff , balance is everything , no screws on the rear extension , its a snap in place , just like a lower rod . PS ON THE OTHER SUBJECT UN- ANSWERED , see pick

Attachments

• P1010423.jpg
    P1010423.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Opportunity missed?

6 INCHES from the rear of the cuff , not the center , that would only add 3 inches , blow up my Excalibur 1000 CF picture , 6 inches from the back of the cuff , balance is everything , no screws on the rear extension , its a snap in place , just like a lower rod . PS ON THE OTHER SUBJECT UN- ANSWERED , see pick

You missed your calling Earl. You should have been an engineer.

All kidding aside, I spent a lot of time making a clear drawing which shows the dimension from center of cuff to center of detector. It is best for everyone to keep speaking the same language.

I was thinking of offering you a job as one of my engineers but maybe I will hold off on that one :cool3:

Chuck

Chuck

Its all good , as Plugger retired from the shaft making business , it opened doors for other's to step in , thought I would give you my input , hope you do well , Earl PS I don't answer restricted calls , blocked number's , unless your in my phone , no answer , if you tried to call , sorry bro. I AM RETIRED 100% , not semi retired :lol: , happy New Year :goodluck:

still looking

Its all good , as Plugger retired from the shaft making business , it opened doors for other's to step in , thought I would give you my input , hope you do well , Earl PS I don't answer restricted calls , blocked number's , unless your in my phone , no answer , if you tried to call , sorry bro. I AM RETIRED 100% , not semi retired :lol: , happy New Year :goodluck:

Earl,
I am still looking for a dimension from you. The longest

Thanks

Chuck

Trying to order the new Powerhandle

I hope those that bought will enjoy their new equipment and increase their finds for 2022.

Happy New Year to all.

Chuck

I emailed you my order info. Im hoping to get that $125 price deal on the Powerhandle. Have a Happy New Year!
Kevin F

Got my owl engineering shaft and everything looks great.

Just trying to let it warm up a little to go try it out. When I left for work this morning it was 5 degrees.

Got my owl engineering shaft and everything looks great.

Just trying to let it warm up a little to go try it out. When I left for work this morning it was 5 degrees.

Ouch! That is cold!

I got mine also.. laying out all to build a machine around the shaft. Super light, very strong. Changed the handle a little, have to have the remote disc button.

Then second picture is the compare to the CF shaft I was building.

Can't wait to get chucks in the water. May have to get another shaft, got to have a back up machine ready at all times!

Attachments

• 20220105_153317.jpg
    20220105_153317.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220105_153526.jpg
    20220105_153526.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 112
Ouch! That is cold!

I got mine also.. laying out all to build a machine around the shaft. Super light, very strong. Changed the handle a little, have to have the remote disc button.

Then second picture is the compare to the CF shaft I was building.

Can't wait to get chucks in the water. May have to get another shaft, got to have a back up machine ready at all times!

Is the upper shaft aluminum or CF?

I made my mind up last fall I needed a backup excal. I do about 20 recovery calls a year. My current excal has been through hell and back. One recovery call i had the headphones ripped off my head 3 times in less than 20 minutes.

I got sidetracked the last 2 years finding silver coins on dry land.

I bought parts 2 years ago to mod my excal. I'm getting that finished up and back at the beach this year.

I'm going to leave my new excal on the owl setup for now. Get the mods done to my original excal. Verify the new excal works then mod it.

Attachments

• 20220108_001612~2.jpg
    20220108_001612~2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220108_001147.jpg
    20220108_001147.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I wanted to chime in. I got the stork leg for the Andersen shaft on my equinox and I'm using the 15" coil.

A few observations...

it weighs 10 grams less than the Anderson lower shaft
It moves noticeably easier through water
It will never hold sand in the shaft (big plus for me!) And so
Never gains additional weight
Very sturdy and well built

Joe you remind me of a pre teen who wants to see how things work 😂. You have !!!! laying everywhere ha ha. Now me…. I have the same stuff on the floor …. But that’s when I realize oooops how’s this go together. Very very nice Xcal set up. Should save ya some aches and pain. Great Job Chuck.

One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned is all the extra winds of the coil wire around the thinner shaft on the excal. I definitely would love to push thru the water easier but with more cable winds doesn’t that defeat it.?

Maximum Streamlining

One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned is all the extra winds of the coil wire around the thinner shaft on the excal. I definitely would love to push thru the water easier but with more cable winds doesn’t that defeat it.?

For years I have tapped my coil's wire with black electrical tape to the SIDE of the lower shaft and strongly recommend it for all shafts. You can see an image of this on my website. I have done a lot of research on this issue and have more to say (at a later date).

I am guessing that the images were of the detectors roughed in and not done and ready for the water.

Chuck

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4901.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4901.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 74
  • powerhandle 4 small file.jpg
    powerhandle 4 small file.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom