Deus 2 on the beach?

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
I'm skeptical, but maybe it'll be good?
20m waterproof, 49 freqs.

Has it been used in anger on the beach yet?

watching.

I like my current Deus for ghost-townsy iron-see-through relicky pursuits. But I can't imagine it being a beach machine (for wet-salt-minerals). Just seems like two opposed venues/tasks.

We'll see.

I been watching this as well. I really like the design of it. But I haven't figured out the water hunting of it. My understanding is you need a wire wrapped up the shaft from the coil. Then it has the same waterproof rating as other machines yet you can dive down 60' or so. What gives ? Then you have 3 parts that require a charge. This seems like it could be a reliability issue. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach from serious water hunters on this one.

Im curious about this too...... especially as to which freqs is being used in the salt water. I watched Garys video and am wondering if it has a salt adjustment? If so did they barrow that from the MDT? Now will it be like the Nox.... no underwater head phones? If so, its not been tested enough out there. hope it can take the wear and tear and torque.

I been watching this as well. I really like the design of it. But I haven't figured out the water hunting of it. My understanding is you need a wire wrapped up the shaft from the coil. Then it has the same waterproof rating as other machines yet you can dive down 60' or so. What gives ? Then you have 3 parts that require a charge. This seems like it could be a reliability issue. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach from serious water hunters on this one.

The 3 bits that need charging is a worry. if any of those batteries fail there goes your session.
Wireless won't work under water so the "antenna" is to overcome that.

Finally the price... It's $2500 aud vs $1800 aud for the excal. So it needs to earn it's keep.

The 3 bits that need charging is a worry. if any of those batteries fail there goes your session.
Wireless won't work under water so the "antenna" is to overcome that.

Finally the price... It's $2500 aud vs $1800 aud for the excal. So it needs to earn it's keep.

I don't understand the wireless. Are all 3 components (coil , control pod , headphones) wireless and all work in cohesion when out of water ? Now , what about in the water say 20'. Is the coil connection with a cable to the control pod and then you use the wired bone phones ? I haven't figured all this out. Not that I would dive with it , as I on occasion go only waist or chest deep max. Just curious...

I don't understand the wireless. Are all 3 components (coil , control pod , headphones) wireless and all work in cohesion when out of water ? Now , what about in the water say 20'. Is the coil connection with a cable to the control pod and then you use the wired bone phones ? I haven't figured all this out. Not that I would dive with it , as I on occasion go only waist or chest deep max. Just curious...

That's about the size of it. It'd seem to me that having a battery in the coil would make it heavier

Theres a lot i dont like about the design for in the water use. First thing is that small piece that connect the box to the shaft.... i can see that loosening over time out there and dropping off. Im scratching my head on how that aerial antenna is going to work to dive with. The second tone for gold..... wow hwat a range foil to small silver coins.... 6 to 70 digit range. However you do have an EXPERT notch i guess to disc anything above say 20 or a max 6 digit notch. Time will tell.... hey but its got a 5 year warranty. That price seems to be $1500. The manual is out and you can review it on line now.

Theres a lot i dont like about the design for in the water use. First thing is that small piece that connect the box to the shaft.... i can see that loosening over time out there and dropping off. Im scratching my head on how that aerial antenna is going to work to dive with. The second tone for gold..... wow hwat a range foil to small silver coins.... 6 to 70 digit range. However you do have an EXPERT notch i guess to disc anything above say 20 or a max 6 digit notch. Time will tell.... hey but its got a 5 year warranty. That price seems to be $1500. The manual is out and you can review it on line now.
The antenna is no different than every other detector coil wire. It's secure and well made. List price is $1499 and some dealers have it lower. Built quality is fantastic. I've never had any issues or battery problems from any of my XP deus detectors. Now my equinox is a different story, broken coils ears are a known issue, arm cuff breaking, my control housing cracked all the way through the battery compartment and was replaced. I replaced flimsy stock shaft with a carbon fiber shaft and lower rod. So add up extra parts and you are 11-12 hundred bucks or more. Not much less than the deus. Deus is alot better built, more comfy to swing all day ..weighs only 1.7 lbs vs 3lbs equinox. The only thing I wanna see it if simultaneous multi-frequency is equal to equinox or at least close to it.

Well videos are out and it's extremely impressive. Might as well sell all of you water detectors now while they are still worth something lol. Deus 2 looks really good

Bass Trackerman

No machine gets a blast of hype in salt water before it proves itself , bottom line , you can throw out some chum for the bass , but salt water hunter's turn there nose up :shock::lol: , after two years of the AQ hype, the machine still not out , nothing is taken granted in salt :realitycheck::chaplin:

No machine gets a blast of hype in salt water before it proves itself , bottom line , you can throw out some chum for the bass , but salt water hunter's turn there nose up :shock::lol: , after two years of the AQ hype, the machine still not out , nothing is taken granted in salt :realitycheck::chaplin:

As a three year very experienced user on the Equinox. I have seen things the Equinox cannot do from the Deus. PERIOD!! Out of the box by a new user. No need to hype :realitycheck:

I can see

Your all excited , however the machine is still on pre- order , and ya can't compare the dirt deus to the Equinox at the beach , bet it won't find those gold chains to boot , give it 6 months after it hits the market , :shock::laughing::hornetsnest::gettinmoney::neat: PS want some cheeze with that French wine :?:

https://youtu.be/3Q94jvnsNd4

watch this video on the gold chain. alson see how it performs in salt water .

This looks great and everything, but an air test like that isn't going to tell the full story.
When the nox came out everyone was on about it finding chains like this that the excal couldn't see, but you know what, we aren't all fighting off gold chains like tin foil. That's because the real test is how it see's the chain a few inches in wet black sand, it's the great equaliser, in practice the nox is only very marginally better at the small stuff in the water.

Show me the deus 2 in black sand hitting a chain 6 inches down, and I'll be handing over my money!

This looks great and everything, but an air test like that isn't going to tell the full story.
When the nox came out everyone was on about it finding chains like this that the excal couldn't see, but you know what, we aren't all fighting off gold chains like tin foil. That's because the real test is how it see's the chain a few inches in wet black sand, it's the great equaliser, in practice the nox is only very marginally better at the small stuff in the water.

Show me the deus 2 in black sand hitting a chain 6 inches down, and I'll be handing over my money!

Good post ! Because the moment you go to tune out the effects of wet-salt (with even MODERATE beach-sand minerals), is when you can kiss earring studs and tinsel thin chains goodbye.

As for normal chains (a bit heavier than "tinsel thin"), you're also right : the nox has an edge of the Excal, Sov, Explorer, etc.... No argument there. But you're right that it's only a slight margin. And these type signals/targets represent only a small percentage of the type gold you could expect in target ratios anyhow, anywhere. What I mean is: The guys with the Nox's are not "filling their pockets with gold chains" every time they go to the beach either . So it's not as if EITHER of them is "missing a bunch of gold". Eh ?

Now for dry sand (or parks or whatever) : Yes, the Nox can be set up to find insanely small earring studs and tinsel thin chains ALL DAY LONG with ease. Because, go figure, it was made to be a nugget cross-over machine.

HOWEVER : The "devil is in the details" : If you to go any heavily trodden dry-sand beach area, or park, and attempt to go into nugget-mode, you will go bonkers.

I tried the Nox on a certain millionaire's beach near me, in a dry sand area that used to give up a lot of silver coins. And since it's been worked by a myriad of *normal* machines (that can't hear earring studs or tinsel thin chains), I figured that the Nox would make child's play to find all these, eh ?

And sure enough, I began to find INSANELY SMALL tin-foil turds. You know, like the bit of foil that gets under your finger-nail when you go to remove the foil from the top of a wine bottle. So I thought: WOOHOO ! The chains and earrings will soon fill my apron ! But after an hour, and 50 teeennnssyyy foil turd-type cr#p, I began to subconsciously ignore and pass the insanely small stuff. Ie.: *do I really put that much value in an earring stud or tinsel thin chain, if the truth is, that it probably has all of $5 melt value ?" * :roll:

I mean, a single gold ring will have the weight of 50 earring studs or 50 tinsel thin chains.

The only exception would be beefier gold chains. Yes those can have a net weight of gold that's commendable. And yes they present a difficult signal, despite their composite weight.

In practice I'm yet to find a thin chain with the nox that didn't have a pendant attached.

for underwater hunting I'm very interested in the bone conducting headphones though, that could really help

I'm sold on the Excalibur and AQ for now. But give the machine about a year, time will tell if it's all it should be. (That's just about how long it took everyone to see the Nox's ... The Good, the Bad and the ugly)

One thing I have found, One beach machine can not do it all, you need a couple to cover your needs...., and maybe now a third...;) .... Craig bought a Nox so that opens the doors to everyone that wants to go to the other side...:lol:

I'm sold on the Excalibur and AQ for now. But give the machine about a year, time will tell if it's all it should be. (That's just about how long it took everyone to see the Nox's ... The Good, the Bad and the ugly)

One thing I have found, One beach machine can not do it all, you need a couple to cover your needs...., and maybe now a third...;) .... Craig bought a Nox so that opens the doors to everyone that wants to go to the other side...:lol:

We have cookies :lol:

Back
Top Bottom