It's time to bring Sophie back...(Detectorists fans please step in.)

!

I like it! :yes: The first thing that I thought of was when Quentin Tarantino had so much success with his first few films and then he went to the studios and told them that he wanted to make a Kung Fu type movie and they couldn't tell him no. :lol: Crook has had similar success, on a smaller scale, so Acorn and the BBC would probably green light him on your idea. :laughing:

Your idea is a plot, not a plot twist and since we want to bring Sophie back after her absence from Series 3, I have the perfect plot twist for your plot.

Hold onto your hats everyone...Sophie has been an alien all along! And she set the boys up to be kidnapped, because she wants to stay on Earth and she wanted the boys to get those detectors, so she could get rich too!

Sophie as an Alien ........ Interesting idea ! I would just hope that under that good looking exterior she doesn't turn out to look like the Geico Gecko

Perhaps another reason Sophie really wanted to stay here , is that a form of global warming on her planet rendered all the males of her species impotent and she's wanting to find some mates here to keep her species alive .:laughing:

Perhaps another reason Sophie really wanted to stay here , is that a form of global warming on her planet rendered all the males of her species impotent and she's wanting to find some mates here to keep her species alive .:laughing:

I’d be more than happy to volunteer, as long as she doesn’t actually look like the guy behind the pawn shop counter in Men in Black. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we've had some outside of the box ideas recently, how about Andy and Lance unearthing an ancient box of some sort, and when they open the box, they are time traveled to Roman times, Saxon times, etc.? When they close the box, they are returned to current time. They can't resist opening the box to see which historical era they are traveled to. The regular characters, from the show, could play dual roles and make appearances as people they run across while they are time traveled. :lol:

After all, according to Lance, they are already time travelers.

Didn’t like Series 3? Well, help write Series 4! :theatral: Maybe it was the absence of Sophie in Series 3 that you didn't like? :hmmm:

Mackenzie Crook is actually a detectorist and could very well be a member here, so give him some ideas that he can’t resist. [emoji3]

maybe these guys ''escaped"? and an (a.p.b.) is out for them!
need another season to "clarify"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

So, you've never heard of the only television program to ever center around metal detecting? A show that not only had metal detecting as the central part of its plot, but a show that was also critically acclaimed and won numerous awards? :wow:

That's unfortunate for you, but don't despair! Netflix or Amazon Prime will allow you to view all three Series(Seasons)! :yes:

i will wait with "breathless anticipation!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

After shows like Diggers and Curse of Oak Island i do not watch any television show about detecting. I have never heard of the show that you were talking about.

Since i do not like 90 percent of the movies that are made i do not use netflix.

Those two shows are !!!! IMO. Detectorist on the other hand was very entertaining and nearly mimicked my local club. right down the the president, Terry. Our club president, also Terry. Very realistic regarding the personalities and quirks in the hobby.

Simon and Garfunkel.:laughing:

89bef3940eb493ffe668a282fb3a85ef.jpg

[emoji23]

...with some historic information, she recently uncovered, and have her coerce Andy and Lance into joining her in her hunt for ________. They would travel "up north" in the TR7, where among other things they would stop at a fish and chips food cart that happened to be operated by Mags and Tony. Tony would be wearing some sort of silly hat - maybe a stuffed fish on it - and there would be left over crystals and other "tat" for sale all over the cart. :lol:

At some point they would need to enlist the "full weight of the DMDC" to help them. Phil and Paul would now be full members of the DMDC.

Andy and Becky will have used his share of the gold to pay Becky's mom back for the loan and to also completely restore their new farmhouse.

Lance and Toni are now married. Kate still lives on the boat.

Opening scene is at the clubhouse and Sophie opens the door during a meeting in a reminiscent type scene from her first appearance at the clubhouse.

Larry is a character that would be nice to retain.

If we use "the full weight of the FMDF" to help with script ideas, maybe we can compel Mackenzie Crook into filming another Series of Detectorists! :D

C'mon folks, whatcha got! :thinking:

First of all it would be kind of tight for 3 of them to travel in a 2 seater TR7. But it would be funny, she could sit in Andy's lap. Knowing Andy he would confess to this seating arrangement with Becky later and again get in the dog house with becky which is somewhat normal for Andy.

Back
Top Bottom