Another Newbie

Just_Jim

Hi, my name's Jim and I'm from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I'm now retired and bought a Garrett Ace 400 a few months ago. With the help of the internet and practicing with my machine has really captured my interest. Just in my little in town lot I've found an Indian Head Cent and a 1911 Memorial as well as a handful of other coins and of course the prerequisite handfuls of junk. I hope as I continue to learn and gathering experience I'll be able to add more to the conversation here. Thanks.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!! (originally from Baltimore)

Congrats on the Indian Head Cent and 1911 Memorial, sounds like a very good start ! :thumbsup:

Gary mds5.gif

Hi, my name's Jim and I'm from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I'm now retired and bought a Garrett Ace 400 a few months ago. With the help of the internet and practicing with my machine has really captured my interest. Just in my little in town lot I've found an Indian Head Cent and a 1911 Memorial as well as a handful of other coins and of course the prerequisite handfuls of junk. I hope as I continue to learn and gathering experience I'll be able to add more to the conversation here. Thanks.

Welcome Jim... Another Jim here, in Boston.

Actually, a 1911 U.S. Lincoln cent is a "Wheat" or "Wheatie" cent. Lincoln Memorials weren't minted until 1959 and continued thru 2008. In 1982, the metal composition changed from a copper alloy to copper-plated zinc, and are known as "Zincolns" in the MD'er community.

Back
Top Bottom