at pro issues

TristateJ

Anyone have these issues? So i tried it both in woods and in saltwater, balanced fine. Problem 1- my depth meter is off. I know it all depends on size of item but im getting 10" readings while object is a inch deep. Does this mean it shows a deeper object always and never a shallower one? Problem is im not finding deeper ones aalot of the time so maybe it isnt calibrated?
Problem 2- took it waist deep into saltwater with waterproof headphones and making sure connectors were tight. Rinsed it when i got home. Now the pinpointer just lights up 1 bar and doesnt work. I assume theres nothing that can be done.
Any suggestions? Not sure how to get it serviced even, bought from a private store a while away few months ago.

depth meter is for coins. Im not sure about the other issue

Your first issue sounds like not being centered over the target. If you raise the coil a few inches it will help you correct it. Do a few airtests to try and mimic the problem, and you'll see when you're too close and a little off to the side the readings can be very off... but if you lift the coil a few inches and get centered it will correct it self. If you use the pinpoint mode remember to be well clear of the target before you engage it.

Was that private store a Garrett dealer and was it a new purchase. The AT Pro is probably one of the worse detectors to buy used, and only worse then something companies won't even touch. If you bought new from a dealer you will have a warranty.

Back
Top Bottom