Possible issues with AT PRO

nativetexan

I have had my at pro for about a month now. This is my first detector and I have put about 40 hours on it. Most of those have been in standard coin mode. When I try Custom mode coin all I get is constant low level noise. If I get a good signal in standard mode I get the high bell tone so I have been switching over to pro mode on target but I just get the very low iron type audio. The vdi will show the same as it did in standard mode. Is this normal? If I try pro mode I have to just look at vdi constantly to see if I go over a good target. Why would someone want the constant chatter instead of a clear tone when something is detected like in standard mode. Also my pinpointer id bar seems to be fading out on occasion like the screen is going bad. thanks

Just call Garrett and discuss it with them....the best customer service in the industry...they'll take care of it for you..

if it is in pro mode it should be a sharp high tone if it is a coin or higher vdi number.

what sound does it make if you put a coin on the ground and just swing the detector over it? (in pro mode)

Yep, call 'em up and talk to them. If that doesn't help, send it in asap with a note explaining the problem and who you talked to before. The sooner you send it in, the sooner you get it back and the longer your MD season will be!!

Dusty

in pro mode the AT is very sensitive and has alot more chatter than STD mode, if its not a clear high tone than its normally some iron junk. in STD mode a rusty can will give a clear belltone and give a high VID number, in pro mode that same can will give the same number but the tone will be low high low which could indicate a trash target. also if your not properly ground balancing your machine it will have alot more chatter aswell. also if the sensitivity is too high you'll get more chatter esp in trashy areas. if you hit a good target the number should lock in and you'll get the nice high tone. ya might wanna set up a test garden with good and bad targets to get used to the pro mode.

gotta agree with dog. there is definately some learning to do with the pro and I am just starting to feel like I am somewhat figuring it out:lol:

I have had my at pro for about a month now. This is my first detector and I have put about 40 hours on it. Most of those have been in standard coin mode. When I try Custom mode coin all I get is constant low level noise. If I get a good signal in standard mode I get the high bell tone so I have been switching over to pro mode on target but I just get the very low iron type audio. The vdi will show the same as it did in standard mode. Is this normal? If I try pro mode I have to just look at vdi constantly to see if I go over a good target. Why would someone want the constant chatter instead of a clear tone when something is detected like in standard mode. Also my pinpointer id bar seems to be fading out on occasion like the screen is going bad. thanks
....Sent you a pm earlier..did you get it?....RW

garretts site has several videos on using the at pro. one atleast 1 of which explains the use of different modes... worth the time to watch.. I watched them a few days ago... I don't have an at pro... still using my old freedom II Plus and Grandmaster..

Was the falsing issue in all modes or only certain modes? Mine only starts chattering like crazy in pro mode, but the tones are very muted compared to std mode ie I can barely hear a good signal and no I am not old nor deaf:D I have even laid a silver dollar down and it is hard not a clear signal in pro model. I am calling garrett tom.

After watching lots of videos and reading any post I can find I tried the falsing test. In std mode pointed straight out in front of me with nothing within 10 feet any direction I twisted my arm back and forth and got very little sound. In pro mode it immediately started chattering and didnt stop even when I quit moving arm.

I tried it inside, so I just went and tried it outside. I got a little chatter but not nearly like inside.

it was probably emi in the house causing it, but I would still send it in and have it checked out. it will only cost you 10-15 bucks and you will have peace of mind once you get it back

Try this, go outside away from EMIs and turn the sensitivity all the way up. In pro mode hold the detector still, does it make any sounds? Do this in the air and on the ground. Mine sounded off like a pinball machine with the display bouncing all over. I called Garrett and talked to Brad. He sent me a new coil to try and a return label. That fixed the problem and I sent the old one back for free. Call them tomorrow.

I talked to brad at garrett and I am going to try a few things this weekend, if not it will be going in to be checked out. For those who use pro mode, does the audio sound much lower than the sounds in std mode.

Try this, go outside away from EMIs and turn the sensitivity all the way up. In pro mode hold the detector still, does it make any sounds? Do this in the air and on the ground. Mine sounded off like a pinball machine with the display bouncing all over. I called Garrett and talked to Brad. He sent me a new coil to try and a return label. That fixed the problem and I sent the old one back for free. Call them tomorrow.

I just went out into middle of yard and turned pro mode on with detector straight out in front of me. It immediately started chattering and display bouncing all over. It is going in on monday. thanks... I just hate to be without it!!

Back
Top Bottom