More severe weather projected in KT's Royal Realm

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Starting in today around 2 pm, so KT has get out and do His Royal Thing and be back to the Castle by 1 pm today in time to batten down the hatches! Calling for chance of high winds, hail, and scattered tornados from Little Rock and the SE 1/4 of the state. This stuff will be moving into Mississippi by dark, so hoping those folks get buckled in later today! This stuff is so much more scary after dark than during the day.

Guess what? Looks like the local weathermen went off the handle again, trying to show everyone how important they are!

A whole lot of nothing going on here at 3:30 pm. A check of radar showed KT that there was not even a shower in the SE corner of Arkansas! The Queen just informed KT that there is a tornado warning from Tyler TX to Shreveport LA, but that is 200 miles south of us.

At the least KT got all His Royal Errands done this morning!:laughing::laughing:

Guess what? Looks like the local weathermen went off the handle again, trying to show everyone how important they are!

A whole lot of nothing going on here at 3:30 pm. A check of radar showed KT that there was not even a shower in the SE corner of Arkansas! The Queen just informed KT that there is a tornado warning from Tyler TX to Shreveport LA, but that is 200 miles south of us.

At the least KT got all His Royal Errands done this morning!:laughing::laughing:

Yeah , what's with these folks ? :?:

Remember the old weathermen ( not the militant group, lol ) ? Seems to me their weather forecasts seemed to be more accurate than these new "Meteorologists ".

Why do they call these folks "Meteorologists " anyway ? I have yet to hear one tell of an upcoming meteor showers . That name should be reserved exclusively for folks who take their detectors and go out to some God forsaken place to look for meteors . I used to miss an occasional hunt due to their miscalculations , now I pay them no mind , heck my detectors waterproof ! :yes:

I'm glad to hear his Majesty was able to get his Royal errands done . :D

Just curious , is the rumor true that Harry and Megan want to join your Royal family ? :?:

Thankful to hear the rough weather did not come your way KT !!!!

(....and that you got all your Royal Errands done this morning :lol:)

KT driving a car.gif

Yeah , what's with these folks ? :?:

Remember the old weathermen ( not the militant group, lol ) ? Seems to me their weather forecasts seemed to be more accurate than these new "Meteorologists ".

Why do they call these folks "Meteorologists " anyway ? I have yet to hear one tell of an upcoming meteor showers . That name should be reserved exclusively for folks who take their detectors and go out to some God forsaken place to look for meteors . I used to miss an occasional hunt due to their miscalculations , now I pay them no mind , heck my detectors waterproof ! :yes:

I'm glad to hear his Majesty was able to get his Royal errands done . :D

Just curious , is the rumor true that Harry and Megan want to join your Royal family ? :?:

Thanks, Soil Surgeon! Have not heard from them, but if His Majesty does, He will certainly announce it the Friendly Forum. KT suspects they have enough of that English Monarchy foolishness! :laughing::laughing:

Thankful to hear the rough weather did not come your way KT !!!!

(....and that you got all your Royal Errands done this morning :lol:)

View attachment 482094

Wow Gary , nice shot of The King driving his Royal Chariot . :yes:

:laughing::laughing:, certainly looks like His Majesty! Perhaps obtained by one of those high res traffic cameras!

Update on the storms situation in Arkansas, weatherman talked so long his mic battery went dead ! He needs to stop and take a long cool drink to sooth his throat! :lol::lol: We have had a few tornados in SE Arkansas this evening, very small communities and large areas of farmland so hoping few hit any of the small communities....law enforcement just confirmed a large tornado in DeWitt, Arkansas. Very fortunate that this is all SE of the Castle and major population centers in the state. KT will update again tomorrow.

Well, here we go again today! Another spring storm system will be working its way through Arkansas today, with chance of large hail and damaging winds. Hopefully KT will be able to get to his Royal Dump Bank without having the Royal Chariot go through a hail storm! KT will be posting the results of yesterday's 5-box hunt later today with picture!

Take care everyone! :D:D

Well, here we go again today! Another spring storm system will be working its way through Arkansas today, with chance of large hail and damaging winds. Hopefully KT will be able to get to his Royal Dump Bank without having the Royal Chariot go through a hail storm! KT will be posting the results of yesterday's 5-box hunt later today with picture!

Take care everyone! :D:D

I saw that this morning. Good luck all!

I saw that this morning. Good luck all!

Well, KT thinks the local weathermen in central Arkansas have gone bonkers...we had a little rain today, now they are saying that as soon as it clears out this evening it will start heating up to power up storms later this evening and early morning.

But it has been KT's assumption that cloud cover holds in heat while clearing allows the temps to drop, thus lessening the build up of storms. KT thinks they are so desperate this spring to get some major storms to form, and therefore be in their glory on TV, that they are lying through their teeth.

All His Majesty knows that here in Arkansas if you do not like the weather, give it 24 hours, and it will change! Ha ha!

KT I call those so called meteorologists "Weather Guessers". I never had a job where i could be wrong as often as they are and still be employed.

KT I call those so called meteorologists "Weather Guessers". I never had a job where i could be wrong as often as they are and still be employed.

AMEN, georgeinsc! This same storm spawned a tornado just east of Jacksonville, MS and points east and south of Arkansas. They only missed it by one state! :laughing::laughing: KT feels bad for those affected, but very thankful it went on by before it blew up!

Well, KT thinks the local weathermen in central Arkansas have gone bonkers...we had a little rain today, now they are saying that as soon as it clears out this evening it will start heating up to power up storms later this evening and early morning.

But it has been KT's assumption that cloud cover holds in heat while clearing allows the temps to drop, thus lessening the build up of storms. KT thinks they are so desperate this spring to get some major storms to form, and therefore be in their glory on TV, that they are lying through their teeth.

All His Majesty knows that here in Arkansas if you do not like the weather, give it 24 hours, and it will change! Ha ha!

To all of that, the answer is "that's correct, some times". Clear skies allow radiant heating/cooling from space, instead of being reflected by cloud cover. At night, it cools more, but during the day it warms more (more energy is radiated by the sun than that same area can radiate back out). The real factor is the temperature differential and instability from the encroaching cold front, especially when it meets a mass of warmer moist air that has been collecting heat and building updrafts from daytime heating. But it's the introduced instability that is the hardest to predict, IIRC.

But yeah at some level they're just guessing and hoping.

Back
Top Bottom