• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Poor little fella!

spittfire

Elite Member
I feed the critters at work every day and have gotten to know them by character. This poor little fella showed up one day, I think he had a battle with a transformer!

Attachments

• Squirrel0001.JPG
    Squirrel0001.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 200
Ooooh, poor little guy. I love sqirrels. I have one here that got into a battle with something, probably a cat! Half his taile was ripped off, which I can see a big ole tick on him, and his front paws are cut up. This squirrel is so friendly, he will take peanuts right from your hand. The other nite I was grilling and I felt something on the back of my ankle. Well I turned to look, there he was, and yelled, poor squirrel was scared. His whiskers touched my skin, I thought it was a bug!! He scares me all the time. I'll go out my door and he's sitting there. I yell, and we both jump. Kind of comical. When I was growing up, I used to have a baby squirrel, so I am partial to them. Thanx for sharing.

HaveFaith

Last edited:
Golf course squirrels

The guys I play golf with think I am nuts cause I carry a big bag of raw peanuts in my golf bag. I throw a hand full to the squirrels in about a half dozen locations. I got them now coming closer for the hand out. Last week, walking off the 18th green I saw a tail sticking out of the large pocket of my golf bag. The little bugger climbed right in and pulled the whole bag out onto the ground. I also feed the protected scrub jays. They land right in your hand
or on your head 2 or three at a time. Last wednesday I saw a stork on the edge of a pond with his wing torn nearly off. :no: He was dragging it along behind him unable of course to fly. It looks like he was grabbed by a gator and only 90% of him got away. I reported it to the pro shop thinking they would notify the humane society. In hindsight I should have done it myself.
Gil

You guys are cool! I am a sap for squirrels, raised over 30 of them over the years from babies. They are fun loving and have a sense of humor but they sure can bite!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom