• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Blue Jays

Snowy

Forum Supporter
Here's another couple of pics I took the other day
upon returning home from metal detecting.
Two bluejays dove in front of the truck and
one perched on a basketball hoop which is laying down,
and the other perched in the trees above.​

I love spring and summer!​

Bluejayonhoop.jpg

Bluejay2.jpg

Thanks!

Yup. They made it here in good fashion ... and they remind us every morning they are here. Thanks for taking such good care of them over the winter! :D

Now ... If I can just catch a cardinal in the yard. They seem to be VERY camera shy.

The Robins leave first, they only stay like 3 weeks, just long enough to mate and poop on my truck. Then the Jays fly north. We have resident Cardinals, but most do fly north, they took off this month.

My twin is an ornithologist, and does amazing field research all across our great land. He keeps me posted on whats here every time he comes to visit.

Keep your eyes peeled for the Redbirds, there in route.

Have a nice Memorial Day, Paul

The Robins leave first, they only stay like 3 weeks, just long enough to mate and poop on my truck. Then the Jays fly north. We have resident Cardinals, but most do fly north, they took off this month.

My twin is an ornithologist, and does amazing field research all across our great land. He keeps me posted on whats here every time he comes to visit.

Keep your eyes peeled for the Redbirds, there in route.

Have a nice Memorial Day, Paul

Thanks for the info. Yup. The robins were here when we got our last 2 bad snowstorms. I remember the first day I heard them.

I can't wait to catch the cardinals, but they are camera shy even when they are here.

And for the life of me, I can't imagine how the chickadees can stay here throughout the winter.

I love Blue Jays. They are pretty birds. I know what you mean about the cardinals. They are constantly in motion. Thanx for the pic. I'm kind of partial to Blue Jays, as I found myself hand-feeding a baby jay.

HaveFaith

Back
Top Bottom