• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A Double Good Day

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
We had a birthday party/picnic today for my wife's Grandmother she turned 94. It was a very nice day, she is healthy as a horse but her mind has slipped quite a bit. My wife's brother came up, he was big in metal detecting but now is into the geocaching thing and don't detect anymore,so he gave my wife his detector. It is a Garrett GTI 1500, I don't know anything about it but it seems to be a pretty good machine. Might give it a work out tomorrow. I should have my new Fisher F4 this Monday or Tuesday from Tony. Steve.

That 1500 is an excellent machine. It's got heft but is a snap to operate and it has imaging that will tell you the size of the target before you dig it. You can't beat that for a free detector - those run 650 new and sell for 400 plus used.

Thanks for the reply geodawn, I haven't used it yet but I lifted it & it doesn't seem to be too heavy. My brother in law says all his B sized targets has always been a coin. I done a quick search on the detector and most places charge $679.00 for them new. Can't beat that for getting it free. Boy I hope I will be able to compete with my wife and her new to her GTI 1500 with my new Fisher F4. She loves her Garrett's. I had a old Garrett Freedom Ace Plus for years that she really enjoyed using. Steve...

Nice present and even nicer that your wife is interested in the hobby too.

That's cool, double fun and double finds. :yes:

That 1500 is an excellent machine. It's got heft but is a snap to operate and it has imaging that will tell you the size of the target before you dig it. You can't beat that for a free detector - those run 650 new and sell for 400 plus used.

I have the 2500 and it's even heftier. I'm starting to get the defination back in my shoulder ... the right one only. :roll: Guess I need to use the left arm more.:?:

SkiWhiz, that was one heck of a deal there. I think your wife will enjoy her new detector very much.

Back
Top Bottom