Any CTX 3030 Experts in the group?

StevieIRE

Just wondering if there is anyone whos know the in's an out's of the CTX 3030 im a totally newbie to the hobby an all i can seem to find is Iron with not knowing how to use it correctly at all.

I would pick up Andy Sabisch's book on it. For immediate help, you could watch some youtube videos or I am sure the fine folks on this forum will help you out. It's a great detector that I used for years. I am sure it will do you well.

Just wondering if there is anyone whos know the in's an out's of the CTX 3030 im a totally newbie to the hobby an all i can seem to find is Iron with not knowing how to use it correctly at all.

I have been using one now for 7 months. No expert. But if you Google "Minelab CTX 3030" and forum you will find lots of posts about the CTX.

And yes Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX is a good place to start as is Clive Clynick's book on the CTX.

Also look at videos by Idxmonster, rattlehead on youtube that shows them using their CTX. Plus others on youtube using a CTX.

These are the best ways to learn in my opinion.

It is a fine, fine detector. Probably one of the best ever made and still is a fine, fine detector many years later. That is why I bought a brand new one 7 months ago after selling my Equinox 800 after 3 years. The Nox 800 is a very good detector, just not for my type of hunting.

You will have fun learning the CTX.

I would pick up Andy Sabisch's book on it. For immediate help, you could watch some youtube videos or I am sure the fine folks on this forum will help you out. It's a great detector that I used for years. I am sure it will do you well.

Many thanks for the help an info

I have been using one now for 7 months. No expert. But if you Google "Minelab CTX 3030" and forum you will find lots of posts about the CTX.

And yes Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX is a good place to start as is Clive Clynick's book on the CTX.

Also look at videos by Idxmonster, rattlehead on youtube that shows them using their CTX. Plus others on youtube using a CTX.

These are the best ways to learn in my opinion.

It is a fine, fine detector. Probably one of the best ever made and still is a fine, fine detector many years later. That is why I bought a brand new one 7 months ago after selling my Equinox 800 after 3 years. The Nox 800 is a very good detector, just not for my type of hunting.

You will have fun learning the CTX.

Many thanks for the help an info

What kind of targets are you looking for? What kind of places do you hunt?

I'm no expert, but I have a suggestion which may be helpful.

If you're mostly looking for coins, try the attached pattern. Its called the Trashy Park program and was created by a forum member, Bill_S (DirtFishing on YouTube). It was originally designed for the Minelab Etrac, but it works just as well for the CTX.

The settings are 50 tones conductive, high trash separation, deep "on" & fast "off".

The idea behind the program is to make it easy to cherry pick targets in the coin range when hunting places with modern trash. Since it uses a lot of discrimination, its a great program for new users to get their feet wet. It'll let you get used to what some good signals sound like without digging a ton of trash. As you get more comfortable with the machine, you can open up the pattern to accept more target ranges, basically creating your own custom program based off of this one.

You can either create the pattern on the detector itself, or use the Xchange 2 software which is a little quicker.

Aside from that, the suggestions already mentioned are good ones. Pick up a copy of Andy's book and in your spare time, check out some YouTube videos on the CTX. When I first got mine, I learned a lot just from watching others use it.

The CTX is a great machine. Good luck with yours!

{Edit} I just noticed you're from Ireland. I have no idea where Irish coins read, so the Trashy Park program might not work for you. In that case, Andy's book is a great place to start. You can create your own pattern by testing a lot of coins or other targets that you wish to find and making notes of where they read. Set up your pattern to accept those ranges.

Attachments

• 30ccbf12488b05d18b464348a0dec1ea.jpg
    30ccbf12488b05d18b464348a0dec1ea.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 137
I 100% second what these guys are saying. You might want to build you a test garden. Nothing like hands on and visual seeing what the machine is telling you because air testing and in ground finds are night and day

What kind of targets are you looking for? What kind of places do you hunt?

I'm no expert, but I have a suggestion which may be helpful.

If you're mostly looking for coins, try the attached pattern. Its called the Trashy Park program and was created by a forum member, Bill_S (DirtFishing on YouTube). It was originally designed for the Minelab Etrac, but it works just as well for the CTX.

The settings are 50 tones conductive, high trash separation, deep "on" & fast "off".

The idea behind the program is to make it easy to cherry pick targets in the coin range when hunting places with modern trash. Since it uses a lot of discrimination, its a great program for new users to get their feet wet. It'll let you get used to what some good signals sound like without digging a ton of trash. As you get more comfortable with the machine, you can open up the pattern to accept more target ranges, basically creating your own custom program based off of this one.

You can either create the pattern on the detector itself, or use the Xchange 2 software which is a little quicker.

Aside from that, the suggestions already mentioned are good ones. Pick up a copy of Andy's book and in your spare time, check out some YouTube videos on the CTX. When I first got mine, I learned a lot just from watching others use it.

The CTX is a great machine. Good luck with yours!

{Edit} I just noticed you're from Ireland. I have no idea where Irish coins read, so the Trashy Park program might not work for you. In that case, Andy's book is a great place to start. You can create your own pattern by testing a lot of coins or other targets that you wish to find and making notes of where they read. Set up your pattern to accept those ranges.

Awesome thanks i will give it a go

Back
Top Bottom