Happy 4th of July to all...

kidlester

Elite Member
Hello all.
Happy 4TH to all and good luck to all.
Remember what this holiday weekend is all about.
Happy hunting!
Tom

Happy 4th of July !!!!
6O7JV5O.gif

Thanks, kidlester and a Happy 4th of July to all! It is a hard day on my Dogs though. All types of fireworks even the " Safe and Sane" ones are banned here and subject to a $1000
fine. That doesn't seem to stop anyone though. Now they even throw them from moving cars to avoid the police. The noise and concussion from some of these explosives are unbelievable .

Thanks, kidlester and a Happy 4th of July to all! It is a hard day on my Dogs though. All types of fireworks even the " Safe and Sane" ones are banned here and subject to a $1000
fine. That doesn't seem to stop anyone though. Now they even throw them from moving cars to avoid the police. The noise and concussion from some of these explosives are unbelievable .

Sorry it's close enough to be that loud to your dogs, just an idea - maybe turn up the TV or radio sound more during that time to help camouflage the fireworks noise.

Thankfully we live in a semi-rural area so for the most part the fireworks sounds seem fairly distant, though occasionally they might sound closer, having the background noise of the window air conditioner helps too.

Thanks Gary.We've tried,tranquilizers from the vet and even tried one of those snug type
jackets that make the Dog feel secure, didn't work. I have to hold one of the dogs and try calming her down while her heart is pounding like crazy.The other dog barks himself into exhaustion. I can't even begin to describe the contempt I have for these inconsiderate jerks who do this year after year. Imagine how tough this must be for combat veterans or others with PTSD .

Thanks Gary.We've tried,tranquilizers from the vet and even tried one of those snug type
jackets that make the Dog feel secure, didn't work. I have to hold one of the dogs and try calming her down while her heart is pounding like crazy.The other dog barks himself into exhaustion. I can't even begin to describe the contempt I have for these inconsiderate jerks who do this year after year. Imagine how tough this must be for combat veterans or others with PTSD .

I just did a search and besides my suggestion of background noise (like louder TV or radio, ect) to camouflage the fireworks noise, if that don't work there seems to be many positive reviews of using music made just to calm dogs.

What Kind of Music Calms Dogs?

https://www.petmd.com/dog/general-health/what-kind-music-calms-dogs

How to Keep Your Dog Calm During Fireworks

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/how-to-keep-your-dog-calm-during-fireworks/

Listen Through A Dogs Ear - Music for Dogs to Help them Relax from Anxiety and Stress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCRGevu2Eg0

(click on the youtube link above to see how your dogs react, it's over 8 minutes long)

Through A Dog's Ear: Vol 1, Music To Calm Your Canine Companion

https://www.amazon.com/Through-Dogs-Ear-Canine-Companion/dp/1591796423

Hope that helps !

That's funny!
Our detector list is almost identical.
It was a DFX that got me back into detecting wish i still had it. I had a CTX 3030 and a still have a 6000Di series 2.

HH!
Tom

That is funny... been detecting so much with the Equinox my shoulders killing me...

Hey thanks Gary! I will definitely check this info out.

It is tough on some dogs and dog owners during the 4th and new years and even on days when some guy's sports team wins a championship.

I have had dogs in the past there were gun shy with thunder and fireworks. It is also hard on the owner seeing their dogs terrified and not being able to do anything. I used to go to bed early with dogs in the bed and the TV or music playing louder to help cover the fireworks sounds. That helped.

It is tough on some dogs and dog owners during the 4th and new years and even on days when some guy's sports team wins a championship.

I have had dogs in the past there were gun shy with thunder and fireworks. It is also hard on the owner seeing their dogs terrified and not being able to do anything. I used to go to bed early with dogs in the bed and the TV or music playing louder to help cover the fireworks sounds. That helped.

That is something most people don't think about, especially those setting off the fireworks. Plus a dog's sense of hearing is much sensitive to the high-pitched noises. And unfortunately many people start setting off fireworks weeks before the 4th and weeks after until they have lit off the very last firecracker they have. It sounds like you are doing everything possible to reduce the level of stress that your dogs experience during this time.

The Royal mini-poodle was the best weather alert dog we ever had! If a thunderstorm was in 15 miles of us, he would set up a commotion and as it got closer would sit in our lap and shake. We found holding him to us with a pillow was some consolation and calming to him. But there was nothing else he was afraid of.

That is something most people don't think about, especially those setting off the fireworks. Plus a dog's sense of hearing is much sensitive to the high-pitched noises. And unfortunately many people start setting off fireworks weeks before the 4th and weeks after until they have lit off the very last firecracker they have. It sounds like you are doing everything possible to reduce the level of stress that your dogs experience during this time.

The Royal mini-poodle was the best weather alert dog we ever had! If a thunderstorm was in 15 miles of us, he would set up a commotion and as it got closer would sit in our lap and shake. We found holding him to us with a pillow was some consolation and calming to him. But there was nothing else he was afraid of.

Thanks for the input and suggestions guys! Hopefully things go better this year!

Happy 4th for all it represents. Freedom is anything but free, and nothing worthwhile is ever free. Thanks to those who came before us who had the wisdom, the cougars, and the faith to fight for, die for, to establish these freedoms we sometimes take for granted.

Attachments

• 7C95BA46-62C5-4525-8DDE-FB884DBFD706.jpeg
    7C95BA46-62C5-4525-8DDE-FB884DBFD706.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 88
We've tried,tranquilizers from the vet
keep your dog on a leash so they cant get wild
and turn your tv up very load also draw blinds ..
this helps alot.. and last try a little milk for the dog it makes them sleepy..:yes:

Back
Top Bottom