For you, what can be discouraging from MD?

Spending $30 in gas to the beach to come home with maybe $5 in change. That $30 does not include parking or beach tag.:mad:

Areas that used to be accessible fenced off.
Demos and tear outs fenced off.
Wood chip play areas converted to those rubber pads.
The elimination of vacant lots.
Artificial grass.
Pristine manicured lawns and sports fields (I don't mess with them).
Rock hard,dry dirt.
Aches and pains.
Too busy with other things I have to do.
Thugs, punks and other vermin.
The price of Gas.
Extreme heat or cold.

Other than that, everything's wonderful.

Extreme heat or cold and hard dry dirt
Busy with other things that really need done, chores, projects, ect.

right now: waiting for my knee to finish mending after injuring it doing yard work about a couple weeks ago

.....but hey, can't really complain, periods of MD-unfriendly weather and everyday stuff that needs done is part of normal life, so times when the weather and our schedule does cooperate and we can get our hunts in makes it even more special.

Artificial grass.
Rock hard,dry dirt.
Aches and pains.
The price of Gas.
Extreme heat or cold.

I agree with Surgeons post.:yes:

I am officially out of places to hunt. The woods are covered with face high stringing nettles, the fields are planted, and public areas are too trashy and hunted out to mess with. The price of gas is too high now to go looking for new areas.

I am officially out of places to hunt. The woods are covered with face high stringing nettles, the fields are planted, and public areas are too trashy and hunted out to mess with. The price of gas is too high now to go looking for new areas.

Look for the new areas from your computer as much as you can. Sounds like a good time to do some research.

Mine is working to the point that I don't have time to leave the yard. I'm lucky to get an hour these days. Wouldn't you know it I just got back from a two week stent in Milwaukee and I have to go back for two more weeks, IN a few weeks. There for a week, back for a week, there for a week, then back. Makes it hard to get much else done.

Oh well I knew this summer would be a rough one.

Oh look at the time....Gotta go to work. :lol:

As a side note ... When I'm here I works nights, when I'm there I work days.... As if everything else wasn't enough I get to switch sleeping working schedules through the whole thing too.:juggle::drinkcoffee:

Artificial grass.
Rock hard,dry dirt.
Aches and pains.
The price of Gas.
Extreme heat or cold.

This about sums it up.

I’m just starting on my second year detecting. So my inexperience has caused a problem with my permissions. I’m very lucky and have a lot of good places to go, but I never anticipated the summer dry weather and the crops in the fields.

I was anticipating the crops but I thought when I can’t get to the fields I would move the the yards than back to the fields when the crops come down. I thought this was a good plan? The problem arose when the weather turned dry. If I dig in the yards it will leave brown spots everywhere. I know that most of these brown spots will go way after the first good rain, by until than it doesn’t look good and I wouldn’t want some one other than myself do that to my yard. (Last year there where a lot of brown spots in my yard)😜

I guess the silver lining is I can do all those thing I put off to go detecting?

The most discouraging thing for me is taking the time to dig only to find a bullet shell casing or some other junk.

Yea but thats part of the deal. I will dig 100 zincs, memorials and other junk just to get one merc, barber or, IHP and I am happy. :D

The only things that really discourage me are the heat in summer and the bugs wich I plan on trying to fight through. :coolinoff:

Yea but thats part of the deal. I will dig 100 zincs, memorials and other junk just to get one merc, barber or, IHP and I am happy. :D

The only things that really discourage me are the heat in summer and the bugs wich I plan on trying to fight through. :coolinoff:

ya gotta keep going! it's all about "anticipation" after many, many years of hunting!..if ya don't have that anticipation factor going for you, may as well take up "golf!"..heaven for bid! just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

For me, it's the two P's. Pennies and Pulltabs. Surgeon summed the rest up quite nicely.

My other main hobby is Astronomy. It just so happens to have a long list of discouraging things as well. I guess I'm just drawn toward the most frustrating hobbies for some reason :?:

A crumpled up beer or soda can is frustrating

Hanging out with my grey faced old dog…… can’t think of anything that could bother me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's all sorts of discouraging things when it comes to MD'ing, but we all still love it none-the-less :)

Artificial grass.
Rock hard,dry dirt.
Aches and pains.
The price of Gas.
Extreme heat or cold.

you pretty much got it right. I will add one more.

not being able to discim between pop tops, pull tabs, can slaw and gold rings.

Back
Top Bottom