Online metal detecting course? Are you serious, NuggetNoggin?

...... I could hear his wife berating him.. must have had phone on speaker... then came back I gave him his wallet he went to give me a $20 and a thank you... the wife snatched to the $20 from his hand then continued the tongue lashing... felt sorry for the guy... .....

Man, I feel sorry for that guy too. After reading that, I'll never gripe about my wife again :laughing:

I have a cheap story... years ago I watched a guy drive out of Bj's wholesale club with his wallet on roof of car.. it dropped he kept going, I grabbed wallet then found his number in wallet so I called him... I could hear his wife berating him.. must have had phone on speaker... then came back I gave him his wallet he went to give me a $20 and a thank you... the wife snatched to the $20 from his hand then continued the tongue lashing... felt sorry for the guy... I wasn't expecting anything... last few years I have returned 3 wallets and 3 phones found in parking lots and roads... I didn't get anything from them except a cute woman gave me some fresh baked brownies when I refused her reward for finding her Iphone... it amazes me how many place valuables on the roofs of their cars and forgets them...

Lingering MITW reincarnation anxieties

I have a cheap story... years ago I watched a guy drive out of Bj's wholesale club with his wallet on roof of car.. it dropped he kept going, I grabbed wallet then found his number in wallet so I called him... I could hear his wife berating him.. must have had phone on speaker... then came back I gave him his wallet he went to give me a $20 and a thank you... the wife snatched to the $20 from his hand then continued the tongue lashing... felt sorry for the guy... I wasn't expecting anything... last few years I have returned 3 wallets and 3 phones found in parking lots and roads... I didn't get anything from them except a cute woman gave me some fresh baked brownies when I refused her reward for finding her Iphone... it amazes me how many place valuables on the roofs of their cars and forgets them...

Heck of a story!:yes:

Speaking of roofs of cars....
Many years back I saw a radio on the side of the road. I stopped and picked it
up. I heard what I thought was a fireman making a call on it. Not knowing how to work it. I took it home and called the nearby firehouse. They told me it sounds like you have a Police radio. So, they said they would notify the police dept. for me. Very shortly thereafter, a very embarrassed Rookie police officer came to the house and said he had stopped to give a ticket and when he drove off, he had left it on top of his cruiser.
He thanked me profusely,for returning it. He said the other officers were
razzing him something awful. He was also very grateful it hadn't fallen into the wrong hands. He said the department would send me a good citizen's
certificate. I said that wouldn't be necessary and it would be a waste of their time.
Now if I were to find a crime scene clue that was of importance with my
detector, that would be a different story. I'd want a certificate and the story in the papers and permission to hunt anywhere I wanted in the City .:laughing:

You guys who don't believe in karma. How inhumane. Y'all studying the teachings of MITA ? ...

Crazy anarchist view : "screw everyone and do what's best for me". And "there is no such thing and right and wrong" And "truth is subjective", etc.... The problem is that when you follow a guy like that around for a day in their life, they will quickly live to a different standard, on their expectation of OTHERS. :roll: He was an amazing guy to spar with. Made no apologies for those type stances. Amazing.

Heck of a story!:yes:

Speaking of roofs of cars....
Many years back I saw a radio on the side of the road. I stopped and picked it
up. I heard what I thought was a fireman making a call on it. Not knowing how to work it. I took it home and called the nearby firehouse. They told me it sounds like you have a Police radio. So, they said they would notify the police dept. for me. Very shortly thereafter, a very embarrassed Rookie police officer came to the house and said he had stopped to give a ticket and when he drove off, he had left it on top of his cruiser.
He thanked me profusely,for returning it. He said the other officers were
razzing him something awful. He was also very grateful it hadn't fallen into the wrong hands. He said the department would send me a good citizen's
certificate. I said that wouldn't be necessary and it would be a waste of their time.
Now if I were to find a crime scene clue that was of importance with my
detector, that would be a different story. I'd want a certificate and the story in the papers and permission to hunt anywhere I wanted in the City .:laughing:

I'm always picking up stuff I find on the roads.. tools, a chainsaw sucks to whomever lost it lol... I'm always looking for goodies.. if I remember correctly I think Rudy found a entire bag full of high end golf clubs must have fallen out of a car trunk or something...

Lingering MITW reincarnation anxieties

She was a NYC psychiatrist that lived here in CT... her phone was not locked so I kept calling her office leaving messages that I found her phone on a street she would know.. as she lived in a town over from me... I shopped there as well but didn't live in her town... she was very appreciative to get the phone back its the phone her clients called her on...

I asked her if she put phone on roof of her car and she said yes to strap in her baby in backseat...

On another note...

Members should stop thinking about this past member... we got tired of the constant reported posts about him... he didn't need this forum anyway... he was already an expert at the hobby... :roll: Another forum banned him and a second deleted all his controversial posts...

She was a NYC psychiatrist that lived here in CT... her phone was not locked so I kept calling her office leaving messages that I found her phone on a street she would know.. as she lived in a town over from me... I shopped there as well but didn't live in her town... she was very appreciative to get the phone back its the phone her clients called her on...

I asked her if she put phone on roof of her car and she said yes to strap in her baby in backseat...

On another note...

Members should stop thinking about this past member... we got tired of the constant reported posts about him... he didn't need this forum anyway... he was already an expert at the hobby... :roll: Another forum banned him and a second deleted all his controversial posts...

Great story about the phone! She was lucky you found it and that you stayed diligent about retuning it to her.

Wishing you a great 4th of July!

I'm always picking up stuff I find on the roads.. tools, a chainsaw sucks to whomever lost it lol... I'm always looking for goodies.. if I remember correctly I think Rudy found a entire bag full of high end golf clubs must have fallen out of a car trunk or something...

Pictures of the golf bag are in my Album. It was found in the early morning (sunrise), in the parking lot of a Jr. High school with a large back lot used by golfers for practice. Of course, this was in the days before school shootings so many of the schools in the San Jose area were not fenced in like prison camps back then.

Back
Top Bottom