XP Deus 2 and EMI

I have not seen the latest…….Unsubscribed myself but I’ve seen plenty of those videos.

I really like my Deus 2, Equinox and Legend but they all can suffer from EMI.

I own a PI that costs almost $6000. You would think that for that kind of money EMI would not be an issue. Believe me, it is a major issue!

The more sensitive a detector is especially to smaller targets and the more frequencies are running simultaneously….EMI will be a problem since there is so much more EMI today than 20 years ago.

Last edited:
I dont belive anyone is forcing you to use it, sell it and move on with your life if it is making you miserable. I for one dont have any issues with excessive EMI.

So jmaclen you saw the video too. That much "spark" should not be heard with any detector.
I do understand EMI as it was once an issue with older detectors under power lines but that was fixed in the mid 70s. Haven't been bothered by it since until the new digital machines appeared.
I do have three XP detectors as well as the Deus II and I don't think I'm exaggerating the issue considering the D2 is said to be a "game changer" and is as has been said over and over a $1600.00 machine.
My issue is really the salesman in this case having the gumption to turn that noisy SOB on and claim to test it on the same old preconfigured setup that's been debunked but he's still beating it to death and has for the past 6 months.
That guy feeds off of messing with people. Life is so much better if you don't click on the guy anymore. It's like someone else on here teaching you from their back yard. It's why they really stink at hunting beaches. You looking for gold people are missing at the beach with a D2, the two guys ain't much knowledge in a yard.

That guy feeds off of messing with people. Life is so much better if you don't click on the guy anymore. It's like someone else on here teaching you from their back yard. It's why they really stink at hunting beaches. You looking for gold people are missing at the beach with a D2, the two guys ain't much knowledge in a yard.

Did I get carried away? Hell, may have been the sock puppet that did it!

:lol:

Nah i get the frustration. I think they finally chose a new path? I know they used to get p'oed if you gave them some pointers and got buthurt since they knew everything. Most of us learn something new every day. Those are the guys you listen to usually who learn a thing or two about a thing or two. Not a read the manual expert.

Sorry I said you might be exaggerating a defect. Deus 2, Legend and the Equinox can be really chatty for sure. My Deus 2 sure is in some places.

I drove 500 miles round trip to do some gold prospecting with my GPX 6000 (paid $4,999) and it sounded like a convoy of ambulances with sirens using the stock Mono coil. I was p'ed. Luckily (or dumb luck) I had its DD coil with me but no harness (just dumb) so I gave up after a few hours.

I've noticed my D2 with the 11 inch coil runs quiet as a mouse 80% of the time, and is useless about 20% of the time due to EMI. I have not figured out what makes the bad sites bad, nor settings to fix it. My FBS machine works fine at the bad sites.

It can be time, rather than place. According to Bruce Candy (Minelab), far off lightning that you can't see or hear can cause EMI issues. There is a paper out there he wrote which discusses this relating to VLF machines. Don't have a link, google if interested.

It can be time, rather than place. According to Bruce Candy (Minelab), far off lightning that you can't see or hear can cause EMI issues. There is a paper out there he wrote which discusses this relating to VLF machines. Don't have a link, google if interested.
We get a lot more lightning than most in Florida. Even the electricity generating in the clouds cause EMI. Doesn't have to be lightning. Also cloud to cloud lightning you never hear a rumble but get the EMI. You using something like an excal you will think you went over a good target that disappeared on the next swing. Detectors you don't know what effect EMI has on depth. D2 nobody really knows what effect it is having on depth.

Sorry, link to or mention of his name is forbidden on this forum. I do have an agenda… you got that right, but i'm sure you are one of his minions so it really shouldn't matter to you.. :laughing:

He's had problems with other detectors regarding emi that surrounds his house. My F75 Se Ltd which is a single frequency detector is very prone to emi. I live in a huge city and sometimes hunt vacant lots and have had no problems with emi from the D2.

Best bet is to not watch or click on video's... out of sight out of mind...

I am going to send you a gift certificate to a greasy spoon so you can post a review :lol:

This is interesting to me. I have a Deus II. Each time I go out I do a frequency scan and ground balance. Because I'm still learning the machine, I typically am running in the General program, sometimes switching to the Deep HC program. I haven't been customizing any programs yet.

I've recently been hunting a property with both an electric horse fence, and and electric dog fence. This detector performed awesome. I really got no EMI unless I was within 8-10 feet of the wire. It was very easy for me to identify exactly where the dog fence wire was buried. I couldn't have been happier with how it performed. My other detector is a Garrett AT Max, and it performs WAY worse near an electric fence than the Deus II. I've historically had to ask owners to turn off the electric fence with the AT Max, and I've also cut 2 wires because it was hard to identify its location. Not the case with the Deus II.

In the front of the house, when I was under the power line to the house, I did get a little more EMI, but it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't detect. And it went away as long as I was 10ish feet away from the wire.

Long story short, in an area with dog fence and horse fence, the Deus II performed great for me. (But maybe this opinion is skewed based on my experience with the AT Max around EMI).

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom