Seeking advice

VetDetects

I have been using my etrac for what seems to be 200.6 million years now. I have tried other machines (At Pro, Ace 250, Ace 400, and a few others. All of which I still have. Might sell them soon, but I try to hold onto them in case I meet someone locally that wants to come with me and needs a machine).

I want to upgrade. I want to know what everyone considers the #1 machine. I do not hunt in the water. I prefer lightweight because I have a disability that limits my mobility.

Any tips? No budget.

Where do you want to hunt?

Depending on where you typically hunt, an XP Orx or Deus (the first version, not the Deus II*) should work great, given how light they are.

Going from an E-Trac to an XP Deus will by like holding a golf ball after holding a bowling ball.

*The Deus II will probably suit your needs just fine. Not sure about your budget, though.

The Legend and Equinox 800 are also great choices. But they're not as light as the XP Deus/Deus II/Orx.

XP DEUS 1 with the 9" X35 coil put it in #9 Hot program and detect 4 tones with VCO
I like this I put the remote in a pocket and tone detect
18 K 1 gram ring today
Put a 9.5 HF coil on it and have a Tot Lot slayer rig

XP DEUS 1 with the 9" X35 coil put it in #9 Hot program and detect 4 tones with VCO
I like this I put the remote in a pocket and tone detect
18 K 1 gram ring today
Put a 9.5 HF coil on it and have a Tot Lot slayer rig

Thanks for your input.

I have been using my etrac for what seems to be 200.6 million years now. I have tried other machines (At Pro, Ace 250, Ace 400, and a few others. All of which I still have. Might sell them soon, but I try to hold onto them in case I meet someone locally that wants to come with me and needs a machine).

I want to upgrade. I want to know what everyone considers the #1 machine. I do not hunt in the water. I prefer lightweight because I have a disability that limits my mobility.

Any tips? No budget.

If you are considering a lightweight, extremely fast detector, like has already been mentioned the original selectable single frequency Deus is really hard to beat. There are plenty of used ones (some still with warranties) for sale at around half the "new" price due to the release of the Deus 2.

However, what you gain in recovery speed and ergonomics with the original Deus, you lose in target ID accuracy and depth compared to the Etrac depending on the level of ground mineralization and how deep your desired targets are.

Those shortcomings of the original Deus are two of the reasons that XP developed the simultaneous multi frequency Deus 2 so it would have competitively accurate target IDs throughout its range of detection even in mineralized ground and also have outstanding depth along with all of its waterproof features.

The other possibilities are the Equinox 600/800, the Nokta Makro Legend and the Garrett Ace Apex which are all fairly lightweight (compared to the Etrac) and are also simultaneous multi frequency detectors.

Back
Top Bottom